Thread: Value of OLD Cooey Model 75

Hybrid View

Value of OLD Cooey Model 75

A friend of mine's step father (a nice 85 year old fella) has a Single Shot Bolt Action Cooey, Model 75 in 22 cal. It was made in Ontario. It doesn't have a serial number on it anywhere I could see. It seems to be in nice enough shape for a gun to throw in behind the seat as a grouse gun, not pretty but not in ugly shape either.

His PAL has expired and he is in the process of trying to renew it... so is considering selling it. What is it worth? I suggested he might get $50 - $75 for it.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Value of OLD Cooey Model 75

Looking for a starter single shot for my son. If he's serious I'd be interested in it. Chris

I think Cooey made these guns from 1903 to 1961, then Winchester bought them out. Guns didn't have to have any serial numbers until a bit later I believe. The gun is worth any where from 50 to 100 dollars, there's really no collector value to them, there a super Starter gun for kids as there a very safe weapon to fire and to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    I think Cooey made these guns from 1903 to 1961, then Winchester bought them out. Guns didn't have to have any serial numbers until a bit later I believe. The gun is worth any where from 50 to 100 dollars, there's really no collector value to them, there a super Starter gun for kids as there a very safe weapon to fire and to carry.
    Agreed, great design to them.

1937 to 1965, then trimmed to the model 750 sold by Winchester 1967-1979. Were about $5 when first sold. Great design. Function check the extractor before selling as commonly dont (something to communicate if selling). $75-$125 depending on wood and if all parts there.

I.E. the 750 barreled action on 75 stock went for $75, the bottom two 75s for $125 (including shipping) and the refinished 75 for $140 shipped (had been completely relished / stock / barreled action / guard / butt plate...) - as with anything, is what buyer is willing to pay.