Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horseback Access Cassiar Area

Re: Horseback Access Cassiar Area

There is a great trail down to the blue river and beyond from the Cassier Mine road. A days ride in and your in sheep country. feed is abundant in the open areas west of the Blue River, I came across some hunters stationed there for ten days with 12 horses.. it is also an easy ride to Blue Swan lake and the platue just south of the lake for Caribou. Hope this helps.

I lived in Cassiar for almost 3 yrs. Took 3 very nice Caribou south of Dease 2 up on the Gnat and one above 40 Mile Flats. But that was late 70s early 80s
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Hiked up on the Horseranch twice, hardest part will be getting the horses across the Dease River. Took a nice caribou up there. Beautiful country and lots of grizzlies! Good Luck!

9 year old thread. Hope he found a trail!

Any more info as to access that is current?

There is also a trail just a little further up the road that takes off up the hill side just across from the hallow bar mine site. Drove up there with a pickup but that was 9 years ago. Get up to the alpine quick and goes forever

Wish I could remember the name of the creek just past the trail. If I do I will msg you

What hotshoe said is good info!!!
    The guide in there said the ride in is a bitch, but he goes in on horse every year.
    Caribou a getting scarce, and wolves are getting thick.
    Last edited by digger dogger; 08-06-2019 at 10:22 PM.

I found "maps" of the area aren't very accurate and Google to be less so. Its changes fast for sure. It is best to check around yourself and explore. The has been so much activity in the are over the last 20 years that maps can't keep up but that also means there's lots of new trails. From the mine you can get through the pass to atlin. Good luck, that's my favorite part of the world. Tears a lot of people up, really tests the bush skills

Are the mining/exploration trails in the area considered private and possibly gated?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Are the mining/exploration trails in the area considered private and possibly gated?
    Some might be, but usually only on the active sites. Most have a radio frequency to call in before hand