Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bow Pics

Re: Bow Pics

I had a fair number of "experts" tell me they were no good but for a lack of anything else available I got one of the new models and find it to work as advertised and with none of the damaging effects to my vanes that the "experts" warned me about. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    I had a fair number of "experts" tell me they were no good but for a lack of anything else available I got one of the new models and find it to work as advertised and with none of the damaging effects to my vanes that the "experts" warned me about. Fred
    That is interesting to hear. I have read a survey on TNDeer, a forum I frequent often. In that poll 92% of over 1000 hunters hated the WB rest.

As for me, I haven't made my mind up about the WB, never used one yet. Maybe one day I will be given one to field test.. I am very frugal you know.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

I'm with fred on this one i haven't had one damaged vane or any other problems with my biscuit.I think theres alot of peole out there that will tell you they hate them because of something a friend had happen or something they heard somebody say about them., and in fact have never tried one but will give you an opinion they have no right to make.I believe the biscuit is something you'll have to try and make your own decision on.Some people like ford or gm or chev or dodge doesn't make any of the others garbage its just a matter of personal prefernce.Like i have said i haven't been doing this long enough to give anybody my opinion but i have used the bicuit almost daily for the last 3 weeks and have not had one problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bsa30-06
    I'm with fred on this one i haven't had one damaged vane or any other problems with my biscuit.I think theres alot of peole out there that will tell you they hate them because of something a friend had happen or something they heard somebody say about them., and in fact have never tried one but will give you an opinion they have no right to make.I believe the biscuit is something you'll have to try and make your own decision on.Some people like ford or gm or chev or dodge doesn't make any of the others garbage its just a matter of personal prefernce.Like i have said i haven't been doing this long enough to give anybody my opinion but i have used the bicuit almost daily for the last 3 weeks and have not had one problem.
    You are absolutely right with your statement. The one single reason why I don't try to many new products is because I am very comfortable with what I use and it produces the results I exspect from it.

It does not nearly as much matter what brand or equipment a person uses as it does to have a trust in the equipment of choice. That in turn will make shooting a joy and this will improve proficiency. What works for one person may not work for another one but it does not mean that it is "crap". Sometimes it makes me laugh when I hear people bashing equipment soely based on their personal opinion and then give advice to others not to use such and such brand because it sucks.
    Last edited by huntwriter; 04-01-2006 at 10:35 AM.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

bsa, I have used a WB and found it to be just fine. I also have a couple buddies who wouldn't use anything but. However, I found that - for me - it didn't provide the fine accuracy I want for target shooting, which is 90% of my shooting. I have Trap Doors on both my target bow and hunting/3D bow and am sold on them. Diff strokes for diff folks.

canuck2 your absolutely right the biscuit might not produce the fine accuracy youre looking for when target shooting, specially if most of your shooting is in tournaments,where i could see you would want little or no contact on the arrow as it leaves your bow.

Jack, if I was able to shoot like you I might worry about the possability of a slight decrease in accuracy. But I can't and so don't give it much thought especially since having the arrow fall off of the rest was a bigger problem. Interestingly enough, I ran low on my regular "fat shafted" arrows at the last 3D in Penticton and tried out some of the skinny lighter arrows of my sisters that I brought along for just such an eventuallity. I found these skinny arrows worked better than the regular ones even though they really "slopped" around in the WB. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Packbow" Made in PG by Algoma Custom Bows.

It hits anything up to 100 yards after letting it watch "Lord of the Rings"
    (Just not when I shoot it )

Sweet looking rig, Mooseman. Nice pooch too.

Good thread guys and some sweet looking rigs. I saw Kirby's in Merritt and it is a fine piece of machinery. I don't have any pics of my 2 bows' one is a Diamond Rapture made by Bow Tech which is my target/3D bow and the other is my High Country Carbon Force which is my hunting bow.
    One thing I noticed on most of the bows is a lack of a " kisser button " I use one and would be uncomfortable without it. Thoughts ??? Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills