Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: bear rifles

Re: bear rifles

Quote Originally Posted by moose hunter
    but i will be using a 243 hopefully and i do think that is a great idea, nvm 7mm for sure if i do run into a big bear
    If your going to have the 7mm use it! I own, and love my .243, I've taken bears, and lots deer with it, and wouldn't hesitate to use it again, however for a first time bear hunter, I would never recomend this round. You got a 7mm, 300, 3006 any one of these is a WAY better round.

Trying to see how small of a rifle will kill a bear is disrespecting the animal.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

I can see it now.... First shot the bear laughs at you 2nd shot the bear snickers 3 shot the bear is getting annoyed 4 shot the bear starts to get pissed 5 shot now the bear is mad 6 shot bear has had enough and charges and you drop your varmint gun and run LOL just kidding man take your 06 or 7mm personally I’m using a 300 win mag this year. bears are tuff animals never underestimate them.
    Ttyal
    Riley

Don't listen to all those other guys moosey Just sign all those new guns over to me before you go become bear poop with your 22-250.
    Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by moose hunter
    mind changed i thot the ammo companies might make somthing bigger then 55, but i will be using a 243 hopefully and i do think that is a great idea, nvm 7mm for sure if i do run into a big bear (not likely if i have a tag thansk to murphys law) "rolls eyes" then ill have the 7mm wanted to try it onm somthing anyways, i just always use a 30-06 or 300 usualy wanted to try somthing smaller
    Moose Hunter what happend to your agreement with bcboy that you would start to spell a little better.Sorry if I am the only one who cant make sence of your typing.
    Symon

I'll stick with my 6.5x55 swede,if I do my job[holding it straight], it'll do its job just fine.We've shot a few black bears with that cartridge, a nice broadside shot right on the shoulder and brer' bear is going down

You must be road hunting if you are packing two rifles. The big ones are over the hill you're looking at from the road muwahahaha

using my 7mm 175 hornady u can all shut up any time now
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

you asked for opinions on a public forum, you cant tell us to shaddup
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

u can all shut up any time now
    ROFL - you won't be using ANYTHING if we get it in our heads we need a new 'bait boy' for bear this spring...

Yeah well Its the last time i ever post to one of moose hunters threads........Its kind of wierd how you would so blatently tell a bunch of people you dont even know to shut up wether you are joking or not.If you ask for opinion's for a absolutely ridiculos question then you better believe people are going to reply with mixed results,,,,,,,You claim to know soo much about hunting and rifle ect. yet you cant even figure out that a 22-250 is much to small for a large game animal of almost anytype (not saying people dont use it for island deer ect but..) for bear in any situation is just ridiculos.So before you go around Running your mouth to people think about what they are actually trying to do,,,,,And that is save your ass because lets say you didnt post that question here you would have been mister great white hunter in the woods with a 22-250 chasin after blackies I wander how long it would have been till he became the first real protiens and fats in one of those PG bears diet.
    Please dont mouth me off.
    Symon