Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bear rifles

bear rifles

well im thinking of using my 22-250 for a bear this spring i have a 30-06 a 7mm and my 22-250 and i know its legal to use the 22-250 so what do you guys think if not the 22-250 then the 7mm or 30-06
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

2. Site Sponsor

Re: bear rifles

When are you going to be headin out bear hunting moose hunter? Dont think we will see any for lil while yet- few weeks fo sho prolly- still lots of snow left in the bush...

The 'Hummer' Guest

I would think the 7mm or '06 would be considerably more appropiate.

This is the same guy who thought the 7mm would be undergunned for moose but he wants to use his 22-250 for bears.

Moose hunter try using google, it's a wonderful tool on the internet. Look up "Black bear hunting rifles" and you'll be surprised what comes up. I'll bet you that the 22-250 doesn't get mentioned as a bear rifle.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Moosehunter,

I'm still wondering why you put so much thought into what you're gun going to take? If I were you I would take the 30-06 or the 7MM.

Either or really doesn't matter. Pick the rifle you are most comfortable shooting.

I can just see it now... the bear comes out into shooting view and moosehunter says to his buddy "Hey... What kind of shell do you think I should use... I got three kinds here. 150 gr. 165 grn and some 175gr.?"

Buddy replies... "Whatever Just SHOOT THAT F#$^#ING BEAR!"

lol... just buggin ya. Seriously though. Take the gun you feel most comfortable shooting. Although I don't know if you are allowed to take big game with a 22-250? Can You?

Happy Hunting!
    Carl

I'm pretty sure it's legal but I wouldn't recommend it for anything bigger then one of the Island deer. I would never consider it for a black bear.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

To me the 22-250 is not even an option,like marc said do some researchare your looking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys
    Moosehunter,

I'm still wondering why you put so much thought into what you're gun going to take? If I were you I would take the 30-06 or the 7MM.

Either or really doesn't matter. Pick the rifle you are most comfortable shooting.

I can just see it now... the bear comes out into shooting view and moosehunter says to his buddy "Hey... What kind of shell do you think I should use... I got three kinds here. 150 gr. 165 grn and some 175gr.?"

Buddy replies... "Whatever Just SHOOT THAT F#$^#ING BEAR!"

lol... just buggin ya. Seriously though. Take the gun you feel most comfortable shooting. Although I don't know if you are allowed to take big game with a 22-250? Can You?

Happy Hunting!
    Carl
    What bigwhiteys said, any of the guns you mentioned but not the 22-250. You do make me laugh though for the same reason what Marc said in his first post.
    Last edited by huntwriter; 03-29-2006 at 07:53 PM.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Is there a special cub season this year?
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."