Thread: Canvas Backs

Canvas Backs

Saw a dozen or so Canvas backs on the Gorge this morning heading into Esquimalt. I saw then the day before but wasn't sure exactly what the were as they were a bit far but this morning they were swimming right by the bridge as I crossed on Admirals Rd. First time I've seen any in my life. Beautiful looking bird. They’re supposed to be fabulous eating.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Canvas Backs

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    They’re supposed to be fabulous eating.
    Marc....they are pretty good eating. We used to get them occasionally if we were duck hunting in Western MB.

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy
    Marc....they are pretty good eating. We used to get them occasionally if we were duck hunting in Western MB.
    Weren't they supposed to be protected Mbboy? Redheads and Canvas backs were when I was hunting in Man. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    Weren't they supposed to be protected Mbboy? Redheads and Canvas backs were when I was hunting in Man. Fred
    You were allowed to take 1 or 2 I think it was? There was a restriciton on the possesion limit of both CBacks and Redheads. We primarily hunted up around Hecla but on the odd trip over to the west side of the province you would see a few out that way.