Thread: Going for a hike....

Hybrid View

Re: Going for a hike....

Quote Originally Posted by symon
    Arent you like 13 or 14???
    This hike is going to be planned when im 16. And what does this have to do with anything?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Site Sponsor

I haven't heard of a bear attack on the Island Lcpaintballer, so you should be OK without a gun. Everyone I've encountered on the Island has run away when I saw them. Bells and whistle should be good enough. And those women will be chattering so loud you'll be lucky to see anything.
    "If you see a fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra

Frist off, Sorry about all the BS you got on your way to the answer. Yes you need your PAL and reg cert to carry the rifle/shotgun. Also I would add support for foxers answer, before worring about dealing with a charging bear it would be good to get some trainning, and spend alot of time at the range.

Secondly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    This hike is going to be planned when im 16. And what does this have to do with anything?
    You have to be 18 to posses and carry a firearm, unless in the presence of an adult with a PAL or POL.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby
    You have to be 18 to posses and carry a firearm, unless in the presence of an adult with a PAL or POL.
    http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/info_for-r...ts/minor_e.asp

Sounds like there's a "Minor's License" that may allow you to use firearms unsupervised. It looks like you would have an interview with the firearms officer and your family present and they would decide from there.

Quote Originally Posted by reach
    http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/info_for-r...ts/minor_e.asp

Sounds like there's a "Minor's License" that may allow you to use firearms unsupervised. It looks like you would have an interview with the firearms officer and your family present and they would decide from there.
    That exists, but the chance of the firearms officer giving you one for bear protection is little to none. I use to spend alot of time with biatholon guys, one kid was 17, and tried to get one for carrying his .22 when on the course, he was denied as it wasn't a good enough reason, he was competing nationally, and trained 4-5 days a week, but could only shoot 1-2 when his parents were around . I think this are pretty much limited to inuit, or other substinance hunters. But worth a shot.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

For all youth wondering:

A minor’s licence will permit you to borrow non-restricted firearms (ordinary rifles and shotguns) for the following activities:
    • target practice;
    • hunting;
    • instruction in the use of firearms; and
    • taking part in organized shooting competitions.
    A minor's licence will also permit you to acquire ammunition unless there are age restrictions under provincial law.
    As a general rule, you must meet the following requirements to be eligible for a minor's licence:
    • You must be at least 12 years old. If you are younger than 12, you may obtain a minor's licence only if you are a Canadian resident and your provincial Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) determines that you need to hunt or trap to sustain yourself or your family.
    • As a general rule, you must take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course and pass the tests before you apply for a licence. However, an exception may be made if you are a Canadian resident and you need to hunt or trap in order to sustain yourself or your family.
    All from the CFC.

So if I have my minors licence (which I do), could I carry a non-restricted firearm without an adult?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    Because if your that age you may not carry a fire arm without a license holder so only if your mom or one of her friends had her PAL would you legaly be allowed to carry a fire arm,It states in the reg's that if your under 19 you need to be accompanied and under the close supervision of a licence holder.
    Im 14 to buddy I know the restrictions.
    Symon