Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 3/4" For geese???

Re: 2 3/4" For geese???

Now you've done it.... I've got to reconsider again I think the only way the 2.75 will be a viable option is if I spend the money on the non toxic shot that has the same punch as lead. However that could break the bank pretty quickly and cause some dirty words to leave my mouth everytime I miss Thanks gilly for the advice you're probably right. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Thanks to all once again. always great advice to be had by fellow hunters.

Cheers, Matt

Matty,
    Here is your solution...... Buy your nice browning chambered in 2.75 only.
    Then shop for a cheap pump gun

Gilmore is right though, If you are buying new there are a bunch of shot guns out there and to limit yourself with a 2-3/4 in a new gun?
    It is best to hunt ducks with at least a 3" IMO but your thread did not read 2-3/4 vs 3".

Go for option 1 though buy two guns!

No one has mentioned that if you do get a shotgun in 23/4 make shure the chokes will work for steal.

That being said I have never used anything bigger then 23/4 shells for geese and ducks. I found the the key to using steal shot is speed, get the fastest steel shot you can find. I beleave that Kent has a 23/4 inch shell that will do 1450 fps or more.