Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Canada In The Rough

Re: Canada In The Rough

That's more or less the same response I got. It's a standart letter saying basically. "We read what you had to say but we do not care what you think."

The hint he dropped about "bowhunters complaining" just showed me how ignorant he is. Never liked the guy and now I have a reason not ot like him. Sad but true.

Of course they wont re-broadcast it again, but they will turn it into a video in just about four month time from now.

The down right stubidity for calling US hunters the super humans and that he showed the real hunting basically shows me how ignorant he really is. The good news here is if he is in business as he is in these letters then he wont last long on the TV screen.
    Last edited by huntwriter; 03-28-2006 at 06:56 PM.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Good or bad it's about the only hunting show we have up here and to the left. I don't like the guy either but I don't have a satelite to get the american shows so I just watch in bewilderment.

i don't understand why people are allowed to watch murder, robberies and people getting run over by cars, and we cant watch any decent Canadian wildlife, and hunting shows, lets just hope that the Conservatives turn it around a bit.

I don't get to excited about watching hunting shows as they are all mostly kill flicks. I find myself wanting to scream at the television and try to get the little buggers to run. As mentioned before, to watch a "how to" video where one might pick up some tips on hunting I find very interesting.

If a parent wants to teach his/her son/daughter shot placement on animals don't rent a video just take them to a local 3D archery shoot and ask to join a group of shooters, even volunteer to keep score and they will soon see where the kill zones are.

The 'Hummer' Guest

Question Re: Canada In The Rough

I agree walksalot. I'm on cable, at the moment and haven't been able to find any good 'how to' type hunting shows. Do you know of any?

Hi Guys, new member here.
    I do like the CITR show, but they do show a few things on hunts that they maybe shouldn't do, or show. Over-all pretty good programming, IMO.
    I had a dealing with their producers in the recent past regarding a new product that they were very interested in using from time to time on the show. Canadian show, Canadian made... A great viewer interest topic too.
    bottom line was they wanted a lot of product and cash to use my product even though I offered them one item to use and compare to other like items to determin the better product. Didn't matter, money & product.
    No further emails betwen us, too bad.

TBark

Like anything else offered on tv..if you don't like it you always have the option to change channels. It's all we have..so I watch it when the topic is of any interest...no muskox and walrus for me...

The 'Hummer' Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
    Like anything else offered on tv..if you don't like it you always have the option to change channels. It's all we have..so I watch it when the topic is of any interest...no muskox and walrus for me...
    True enough. For the most part, I like the show and in this case, I liked the topic of interest. The bone of contention was the unsportsman like conduct shown in taking the archery shots they took. The sport gets enough bad press as it is. We don't need to show graphic examples on a weekly hunting show.