Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Underwater hunting - pics

Re: Underwater hunting - pics

Thanks guys. I prefer the tropics, but it's all relative if you have the proper gear... It's cool to be comfortable in adverse conditions. The amount of life in the Pacific Northwest makes it worth it. I wish that I hadn't waited so long...

Here's Beergut's last supper... a good sized greenling - didn't look too appetizing though.
    Last edited by steepNdeep; 05-18-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    The mountains are calling & I must go. ~Muir

Just found the website as Im going for my core on june 4. I've never met another spearo in the BC area personally. I do a lot of hunting in Sechelt both in the bay and on the outside for halibut. I use a Mako custom 55 shorty for rock game and two hand spears for pelagics. Great thread, thanks for posting.

Ha, I just ran into this thread on a search. We're definitely lovin' the seafood since we moved back to the coast...

Here's a lil' dragon that that I found on the west coast. Thats a ~3lb snapper in it's mouth.:

Last edited by steepNdeep; 10-24-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    The mountains are calling & I must go. ~Muir

Great photos steepNdeep , in the early 60`s as Dive Officer in 3 Fd Sqn RCE based in Chilliwack , the dive unit would be treated to a Lingy dive on the Tawassen (sp) ferry break water .
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

that's a lunker!
    I really wish I got into this when I lived in Ukee...... always planned it never did it

Are we aloud to spear fish? Looking at the fishing regs because I wanted to go bow fishing but am
    unaloud, except carp I believe I certain areas. Bow fishing is great fun, not saying I’ve been, and fills the daily quota quick I’d think.

Something I always wanted to do as well, working with n Madagascar, I wish I had taken the course
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

dream of mine too do thanks for sharing..

in my early 20 i had a freind in van who used to spear whales...

he normally found them lurking in the corner of the rockcey on granville...not sure who was the predator...he always let them go after a good spearing..

Nice work bud. The coast does have benefits.

Nice thread from the past. I just took up spearfishing this summer after moving to the island. I don't have any trophy shots cause I still suck at it, but man is it ever enjoyable to get out there.

Where on the coast are you steep? I'm always looking for people to go with... And I have a boat!