Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Baiting for ungulates, legal in B.C.?

Re: Baiting for ungulates, legal in B.C.?

i could see if an outfit, was baiting that could be a prob. ( always something to eat from sept to dec) no need to find other natural areas! in the case of the hobby hunter, i doubt a baiting station is gonna screw things up. i bait on my property only! deer Co caine all year, c'mere deer in the early fall, and apples in the late fall. (once the bears are gone to sleep) tons of doe piss in the rut.. i've taken 1 buck on my property in the last 4 yrs, seen tons of lil fellers. not what i'm lookin for.. imo doe piss is the best when used at the right time.. if its legal hunt how it suits you best..

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoe View Post
    Good response! You win. But, I still think you have baiting confused with winter supplemental feeding, which is different in my eyes. Also, baiting doesn't create the problems you speak of, it's the over population that does. One other thing I have to mention before I shut up is lots of times the anti-bait debaters imply that baiting somehow creates disease.....it may increase transmissions through increased contact but it isn't responsable for "creating" disease. I am done now.
    The stuff I have is hard copy and 'pay' only.

Google baiting for white-tailed deer and see what comes up. I'm sure you'll end up with a bunch of work. There is some work specifically directed at bait, not just supplemental feeding.

The bait debate is left for the social area, most of the implications are pretty clear to science.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Sorry to keep this post going. But what are reg's on Live bait ? i havnt been able to find a No

what are reg's on Live bait ? i havnt been able to find a No
    Then you have answered your own question, unless your own ethics are looking for support.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

if you know the gut pile is there and your hunting over it for bears then i would say you using it as bait.
    but if your driving along or hiking along and shoot a bear then discover the gut pile i dont see it as baiting .
    would probally be interesting to see how a c o would see it,outcome would probally have a lot to do with your actions and demeanor .
    second scenario i see everyone going happily on their way.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Then you have answered your own question, unless your own ethics are looking for support.
    Well it should be stated in the Regulations not word of mouth

Current update. Regulations have changed. There is no baiting of any ungulates in BC.

Where did you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick42wood View Post
    Current update. Regulations have changed. There is no baiting of any ungulates in BC.
    Kootenay region only. Check the reg's...

Thumbs down Re: Baiting for ungulates, legal in B.C.?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick42wood View Post

Riiiiight!!!

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me