Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: questioning my 7mm

Re: questioning my 7mm

7mm is good for anything in NA - the biggest of bears.
    like others have said shot placement is were its at.
    ttyal
    Riley

Re: questioning my 7mm

Quote Originally Posted by moose hunter
    is a 7mm really enough for moose ive seen posts of people saying their moose run all the time with a 7mm, the bullet is rather small and it wont get higher then 175 grains..why? i bought my 7mm for a bigger more powerful rifle but im thinking now it might just be left until deer season?
    how many guys here use a 7mm and have thjeir moose run alot?
    7mm is good. As with everything hunting related in the discussion of effectiveness of different calibres, shot placement is important. I've shot moose with a 7mm Rem Mag and it did no more running - stumbling actually - than any other animal then dropped. Shoulder or neck/spine/shoulder junction or heart will drop a moose real quick. Lung shots are lethal but I've seen big animals run for a while on high and back placed lung shots with bigger calibres. Aim just above the front leg joint and just below the shoulder and you shouldn't go wrong. Have a close look at the anatomy of a moose to get an idea where to shoot. I try for the boiler room around the heart - you'll hit the heart or the major arteries in that area - nighty nite!
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!