Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: turkey question

Re: turkey question

Sounds like you had a great first season, congratulations.

Fall turkeys are very different than springs. The toms don't call. Lots more work but it can be done.

I've not hunted then in the fall but I was told you need to find a flock of them. Run straight at them and they will scatter. Then start doing a polt (young turkey) call and you should get a hen to come in. I don't know if this works but thats what I've been told.

Dad & I got our tom on opening day. He was with 2 hens. Our smallest bird to date. 16 lbs. 8" plus beard and no spurs. Pictures have been posted.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Re: turkey question

[quote=knockturnal;675573]
    Day 2 rolls around so i go back to the same place and find myself following another truck. So, i pulled over and started walking. I get about 20 yard sinto the bush and hear the truck stop a few hundred yards away. doors close./ then nothing.
    Then those 2 guys started calling their heads off. It was a valian effort to say the least. He flys straight down into those 2 guys setup but i hear no gunshot. They are still trying to call in the other bird. I move about 40 yards and bring up the binos and see that they have 2 decoys out in a little clearing and the tom that flew out of the tree landed inbetween their decoys and their truck. That was the last i saw of him that day. I sat down and watched from a distance as these guys tryed to call in this tom for a good hour and then i said ta hell with it and went back to camp.
    quote]

Was that you ?

It sure sounds like what happened to us. Going in we see a truck coming up behind us, fast. We stop at our spot. And here the other guy get out of his truck. But we were only 50 yards apart (truck to truck).
    One thing I don't do is call alot or loud first thing so it most likely was not us. But the set up was similar.

Interesting note. Lots of guys come into the area and do some very poor calling. So late in the year toms are scarce or hard to call in.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc