Thread: Rookie Turkey tips

Rookie Turkey tips

My son and I will give it a try this weekend for the first time,any tips? Ive never paid much attention to them,but it might be fun.I live in North end 4-18.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rookie Turkey tips

for the last few years i have seen gobblers near the bottom of salmo on the other side.. those nice private fields there.. next time u go by there ask for permission. would be a great place to hunt with a kid and there are always a good flock there. there are lots in the creston area but access might be a problem.

Complete camo head to toe is a must.
    Good calls vs. poor calling.
    Turkeys in the area you hunt is always good.
    Knowledge of the local hunting area.
    Patients.
    Peas & gravy for your turkey.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Walk more than 100 yards from the road, unless you want to be crucified on here as a road hunter for gobblers
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

I promise Ill walk 101 yards to qualify as a non road hunter.We have birds in the area,is it best first light ,last light,just sit and call into old grassy landings or cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by NoahDawg View Post
    Walk more than 100 yards from the road, unless you want to be crucified on here as a road hunter for gobblers
    That thread is funny. My turkey hot spot is no more than 20 yards off the road. I see guys drive by all the time. Im glad they don't stop and come in for a look. They would see my decoys and maybe blast them. Mostlikely would not taste very good.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc