Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone eaten domestic pigeons

Has anyone eaten domestic pigeons

i was told by a friend that domestic pigeons were great eating especially the ones that eat grain off the train tracks.any truth to that?and is it legal to hunt them near the tracks?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Has anyone eaten domestic pigeons

To quote Jewels from Pulp Fiction "Sewer rats may taste like pumpkin pie but I'd never eat the filthy motherf@#ker$"
    That's nasty, grain or not.

In fancy restaurants I believe they call it "squab"?

Domestic pigeons are on Schedule C so you don't even need a hunting license for them.

I doubt it would be legal on train tracks since most (all?) railway lines are private property. But it's up to you to determine whether a particular location is public land and whether there are any local bylaws or no shooting zones to worry about.

"that guy is not your friend",

My dad used to go under the government wharf in Sydney and pull the squab from there nests. Then he sold them to a chinese family in town. He said they wanted the ones that had not gotten pin feathers yet. I think its all what your used to. How many people have you heard say Venison? I would never eat that!

Supernova, Try hunting near the tracks and let us know what happends and how many years you have in Jail. Use your brain if you think of hunting near tracks. If you want to hunt pigeons, depe3nding where you live, if in the lower mainland go to a dairy farm that has pigeons and make contacts. You will probably be requiredto use a pellet gun so that you don't put holes in the roof or scare the cows butthe best time is in the evening when dark and you plug up most secape route. Then attach a flash light tot he gun and have at her. It is great fun and you can clean a barn out in a night or two. If you shoot a owl then you have not learned your ethics from your CORE

I have eaten pigeons. Then I went back to school and got a job.

We shot hundreds of them and ate some. Young ones are fine just like with spruce grouse. They get tough and dark as they age.

A guy I rented from many years ago used to live in Montreal. He would screw a few rat traps to his window sill and place corn or bread as bait. When he came home from work he would open the window to see if he was having meat with his macaroni.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

I've no clue how many I've eaten... Good eats. Just be sure of the feed source - Grain transfers are a good bet.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

how about clay pigeons anyone eaten those?

I've eaten BBQ squab when I was in Rio many years ago. It tasted really good from what I remember. We even went back for more.
    "If you see a fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra