Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September Doe LEH

September Doe LEH

Im Thinking about putting in for a leh on mule doe this year .im wondering what the odds are,if there worth getting.and that the tast like if there good thanks any advice would be appreciated

2. Site Sponsor

Re: September Doe LEH

its easy to get the doe tag, some odds are like 2:1 or better in places. the meat is usually great, if i can remember the last time i shot a doe! make sure theres no baby!

alright thanks mark will keeo i tin mind

Don't shoot a doe, there is no challenege involved. It is much more rewarding to shoot a buck.

if all you're shooting it for is the meat, go and shoot a doe, especially if you are just getting into hunting. taste much better than a rutted out buck any day!

Im gunna put in for a doe tag this year, whitey and muley. But Im gunna try and get them with my new bow. We'll see I guess

ya im just getting into it and i want meat

If it's your first season or your fairly new to big game hunting and you want to get a couple of animals under your belt a doe draw is a great way to improve your odds in getting a deer. If there is a doe draw in a given area it means that the population is near saturation in that area and could use a few does taken. I hunted region 5 and 7 last fall and we were seeing without exaggeration 20 to 30 doe and fawns a day. If I were hunting up that way again this fall I'd be putting in for a doe tag. Don't let people try and talk you out of it because it's a doe. It's better eating then some old tuff buck.

The main thing is to try and keep the new hunters interested in hunting and part of hunting is taking something home once in a while. You’d be amazed at how proud a young hunter can be, and the glow on his or her face when they’ve shot their first deer be it a buck or doe. It’s a great accomplishment to them. Why would anyone want to discourage someone from the experience so early in his or her hunting experiences for the life of me I don’t know. You can have multiple tags for different regions in a year so don't be worried that it's the only deer you'll be able to hunt. It's pretty much a guarantee of having meat in the freezer. I say go for it and be proud of what you get and don’t let others try and put you down for it.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I have always been the first to say don't shoot a doe, or a cow moose, or a calf, but I have had a change of heart on the doe issue. Here in the Cariboo the deer population had grown so much that we now have to take a good hard look at herd management, (not trying to sound like our Yankee bretheren) and cull a few does and get the buck to doe ratio back in line.
    In 2003 between Quesnel and Williams Lake there were 700 reported incidents of vehicle/deer contact, much of it resulting in the death of the deer and major damage to vehicles. It's time to thin the herd down a bit. So for the first time in my 50 years I am going to put in for a doe draw. Yes Beeker, it may not be a challenge, but after 3 very close calls, and one dead deer with my buddy's truck, I do believe it's time. And like others have said, it puts meat on the table.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

in rock creek you can see 50 and over in one Field, i seen 8 bucks all together in one Field, they were two points to three, and yes does are good.