Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you need more than one?????

Re: Do you need more than one?????

Thanks guys.

I am going to keep the browning. My better half has been on me to get rid of some stuff that I have doubles of and one of those is a bow. Thank god she doesn't know about all my guns!!!!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce
    Thanks guys.

I am going to keep the browning. My better half has been on me to get rid of some stuff that I have doubles of and one of those is a bow. Thank god she doesn't know about all my guns!!!!

Cheers
    You never can have to many gadgets and doubles are always good, just in case something fails then you have a backup. That's the excuse I use.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

In my youger days I sold a couple of firearms because I wasn't using them and in no time my family was grown up, my son was into hunting and I was sorry I had sold them.

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot
    In my youger days I sold a couple of firearms because I wasn't using them and in no time my family was grown up, my son was into hunting and I was sorry I had sold them.
    Hindside is 20/20 as the saying goes.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

What about the excuse "more is better"
    BC4Bowhunter

And just how many bows doe's Don have?? Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

The 'Hummer' Guest

Wink Re: Do you need more than one?????

I think it is like firearms, the more the 'merrier'. My wife wouldn't necessarily agree, however, you can never have too many, but you can have too few. My friend @ Archery Lanes in Sherwood Park AB. got me started with a mid range package. A Darton Maverick, XX75 2413 arrows and all the required trimmings. Then, as a gift to myself when I quit smoking, I got a Hoyt UltraTec, & trimmings for target shooting. Comp. Pro 300's for outdoors & CXL 150's primarily for indoors. T h e n, as a retirement gift, I chose a Hoyt CyberTec, & the required trimmings, for hunting & 3D. Again, Comp. Pro 300's. After having said,"you can't have too many" I have weakened decided to 'thin' things out a little. I've taken the Darton, about 4 doz. + arrows & trimmings to a local Sporting Goods store for sale on consignment. The quietest seems to be the Darton with XX75 & XX78 aluminum arrows.My hunting partner suggested I should keep it & use it just for shooting with fingers. I may still need it!!

Absolutely!