Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Any New Info on First Nations Blockades?

Re: Any New Info on First Nations Blockades?

It's a bit of a catch-22.

We want "them" to stand up and take care of themselves, but as often as not their first step is to try to limit "our" access to what they see as "their" resources.

And I can understand that. It's ironic to see the odd road-block around here to stop mining exploration, or some-such, while at the same time logging trucks go right through the reserve all winter, night and day, year after year.

I'd be pissed too. (Think maybe in terms of US hunters coming up and killing a high percentage of the game in BC?) And I'd probably be doing more than they are to get what I'd see as my fair share of all that money.

Why so few logging road-blocks? They're part of the industry now. In my town's case, the band has a finger-joint mill in partnership with the other mills in town, the bands have annual cuts, individuals own machines, and run logging shows. So no road-blocks, and people making money, holding jobs, in short, taking care of themselves.

Is there any way to do the same thing with the hunting resources?

Force won't work.

Re: Any New Info on First Nations Blockades?

Just heard a rumor today that there was a FN roadblock in the Toms Lake area keeping hunters out. Anyone know what is happening in that neck of the woods?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell