Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any New Info on First Nations Blockades?

Any New Info on First Nations Blockades?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new regarding the first nations blockades around BC. I am heading up to Dease to moose hunt this fall wether they are blockading or not....hopefully not! I have sent letters, joined the BCWF and wished upon a falling star that the government will grow some coconuts and deal with this issue fairly for all British Columbian's. I just don't hear anything in the media or online about any progress on this issue, anyone hear anything new?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any New Info on First Nations Blockades?

edited.....
    Last edited by Skull Hunter; 09-16-2013 at 09:28 AM.

last I heard the MOE made proposal to the Iskut Band, who in turn were going back to the " elders" for approval. The MOE might already know the answer and may be withholding the info from us. Why else would the MOE put the new Moose/Caribou combo hunt for the Spatsizi area OR even split the Caribou season into 15 day increments????? Give the Iskut Admin Office a call at 1 (250) 234-3331and let us know????
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Zubris21 View Post
    Word around town is that they will block the Klappan rail grade and the Telegraph road, don't know about anything else.

Around what town??

This is an important topic that anyone with correct info should post. Please keep us all informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    Around what town??
    edited......
    Last edited by Skull Hunter; 09-16-2013 at 09:28 AM.

I bought twenty acres of private land with a road through it and will be putting a road block up when ever I want to, for any one interested lol .. yest yokin lol .. it's a joke
    Last edited by Jelvis; 04-13-2010 at 05:43 PM.

I received a letter from Chris Addison a couple of weeks ago which I posted on an old thread but here it is again for anyone interested.

Thank you for your email Sunday March 28 regarding access concerns in the Klappan/Jade-Boulder area last year. I sympathise with your disappointment at the events of last fall that negatively impacted your hunt. Discussions are ongoing with the First Nations in the area in hopes of addressing their concerns and ensuring that their constitutionally guaranteed right to hunt is not infringed while allowing resident hunters access to the area for 2010. No regulatory decision has been made on the matter as yet but my understanding is that these discussions have been fruitful.
    While I appreciate that this letter will not entirely satisfy your concerns, please know that I have taken special note of it. Thank you for taking the time to make your concerns known. I wish you all the best for a safe and enjoyable hunting season in 2010. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if there is any further information I can provide.

Regards,

Chris Addison

Chris Addison, RP Bio
    Biometrician, Fish and Wildlife Branch
    Christopher.Addison@gov.bc.ca
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

so hes basically saying they are aware of the concerns of people, but can't do crap or aren't willing to do anything about it.

Cheers
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Sounds too me like nothing is going to happen, just like last year. I wonder what will happen when guys late at night crash threw these ill-legal road blocks. I guess someone will have to say at that point who was in the wrong. Hopefully it won't go that far. Thank God that it hasn't happened to me yet. Shall be interesting.