Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chilliwack

chilliwack

hey guys if any of you are from chilliwack or have hunted there im moving there at the end of april and was just wondering if you could point me in some available hunting areas. not looking for anyones honeyhole just looking for a general area or direction. thanks
    Gold Bond Application Artist

2. Site Sponsor

Re: chilliwack

The Nice thing about living in Chilliwack or Abbotsford, It's easy to go up the coq for over nighters or even day trips. There is a lot of crown land around chilliwack. I've done a lot of dirtbiking an quading in the mountains around there and have never seen much game. The terain in some areas can be very steep. There is deer and bears but you have to work for them. I've heard of people taking a bear or two out of the Skagit Valley. Up Chilliwack lake road there is some crown land. Around harison Lake there are some critters and tons of crown land. Most of the well known areas have lots of dirtbikers. But i'm a newb to hunting and i've been focusing more on the Merrit area. I'm sure there are more qualified people here that can give you more insite.
    Last edited by r106; 03-05-2010 at 01:39 AM.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by 3006pg View Post
    hey guys if any of you are from chilliwack or have hunted there im moving there at the end of april and was just wondering if you could point me in some available hunting areas. not looking for anyones honeyhole just looking for a general area or direction. thanks
    I will give you my honeyhole for black bear up at the hope garbage dump

Quote Originally Posted by 3006pg View Post
    pm me when you get here ill point you in the right direction

thanks log roller i appreciate it

Lots of beautiful alpine hikes in that area if you are into that, just pick up a back roads map book. A good way to get away from the masses of weekend rec users that fill the area on the weekends. A fun valley to explore and it smells better than PG too.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

i live in chilliwack, to be honest, if you know where the honey holes are, youll be pulling bucks off the mountains all season. if you dont, good luck. the issue with the wack is that every mountain is crawling with ATV's and dirt bikers. i have had more luck drivin up the coq. for the length of time it takes from getting into decent hunting area in chilliwack, you would have spent the same time headin up the coq with more viable game. I spent many weekends hunting bear in the wack area with little success. i went up the coq and found tons of bears in the first day hunting. make of it what you want.

Note: like stated befor, there are some big bucks in the area and i have seen a couple taken out of the local mountains. i have had no luck but they are out there.
    Last edited by PressurePoint; 03-06-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

moving to chilliwack tmo fellas wish me luck!

Better hunting in PG who in there right mind would want to live there theres only hikers , bikers , hunters and fishermen , only thing to do on your days of is hang out at all the lakes and drink beer & 4x4 sound like a lousy place to me. PM me when you get into town I will give you the scoop on some good areas enjoy Tim

o i know theres way better hunting in pg. haha as of now this job is just for summer but who knows it may stick