Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crows ?

Re: Crows ?

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Do you have any proof of this? Or are you just making this up? I mean, why do you think of them as savages? And gross?

You need to start loving the ravens bro. They play a vital role in our cycle. There can never be enough ravens.
    I make a bit of a distinction between ravens and crows. I don't mind ravens although I know they can be a pest during calving or lambing season. Their call always reminds me of being in the bush or alpine and there just isn't the plague of them like there are crows. When it comes to crows, I'm with "limit time", kill em.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Do you have any proof of this? Or are you just making this up? I mean, why do you think of them as savages? And gross?

You need to start loving the ravens bro. They play a vital role in our cycle. There can never be enough ravens.
    why would you assume i'm lying?
    we've watched it while working in a condo complex on Gordon.
    they have a pond and grassy area where the ducks love it and have tons of babies in there.
    then the ravens swoop in and attack.
    I called them savages and gross because that describes the scene we witnessed.

1st post and all.....but...just 'cause ravens were killing ducklings shouldn't make them bad. Otherwise you would do the same to all birds of prey if you could...and i'm guessing you wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Personal score this year is well north of 500. But I have access to land where there's a good food source. One day I took 68. Could have fried an egg on my barrel at one point. Use a Foxpro, manual call, and decoys.
    Wow, that's awesome!

Good food source....=the dump?lol, McD's dumpster? lol

Sounds like you have a great spot! Enjoy it!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnytutu View Post
    1st post and all.....but...just 'cause ravens were killing ducklings shouldn't make them bad. Otherwise you would do the same to all birds of prey if you could...and i'm guessing you wouldn't.
    They're parasites.

Some reasons to hunt:
    -Food source (meat hunting)
    -Competition of food source (predator hunting)
    -Preserve Livelyhood

Most people only hunt for food, also, non-hunters can understand hunting (justify it) if people eat what they kill. But in reality, there are many more reasons to hunt and kill things other than to eat them.

The people that only hunt to eat what they kill, have to start realizing that they are going to have to start hunting and killing for other reasons if they want to be able to hunt for food in the future.

Ravens are nasty on baby birds..have had them come in and kill chicks and turkey poults,
    Usually jut rip heads off,first time around then might come back for the bodies.
    Netting overtop doesnt even slow them down.12 guage sure does.
    Also,friggin crows are hard on my orchard!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnytutu View Post
    Good thing your first post is a joke! (Made me laugh).
    Try researching crows...and I don't mean watching David suckzuki...

what do you do with the dead crows/ravens, just shoot them and leave them wherever they land? sounds like fun and good practice

Quote Originally Posted by elena View Post
    what do you do with the dead crows/ravens, just shoot them and leave them wherever they land? sounds like fun and good practice

Not much left - "feet and beaks" - 3"-#4's smoke them.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

do you have to shoot them with a shotgun or a .22 would do?