Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***** Target Bows *****

***** Target Bows *****

Anyone have any info or tried the new Elite "Judge" ..................

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ***** Target Bows *****

or the SR 71 ?

Bow Walker Guest

The only one that I've handled/shot would be the GT500 and that was an '08 model.

Wonderful bow, though. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I would hardly call either one on those "Target Bows" as they have about a 6" brace and are smokin' fast ....

I have been looking for a Strouthers SR-71 for some time to play with ...
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    The only one that I've handled/shot would be the GT500 and that was an '08 model.

Wonderful bow, though. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
    Thats what Ive heard as well Bow Walker , great all around bow from what I've heard , 3d , TARGET and hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger4 View Post
    Thats what Ive heard as well Bow Walker , great all around bow from what I've heard , 3d , TARGET and hunting
    I am assuming you talk FITA when you say target????

the GT 500 abosolutly ... not so much with the Judge, short AtA and small brace .. not desirable when it comes to target shooting as they are inheirtly unstable and not forgiving at all ...

still a great bow but you will never see them on top of any high end target competition ... not because they are not a "power company" like PSE, Hoyt etc....their designers (I am not sure about the Judge on who designed it But I am thinking it was on the sheets before Kate and Kevin left Elite) have designed many bows of the "big boys" ..but you wont see them at the high end FITA shoots because of their specs .... they are designed to be Treestand hunting bows ... short and fast
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

I could be wrong but I think the Gt 550 and the Judge have the same
    a-to-a with an inch difference in brace height to the judge. Myself I shoot and prefer the 6" brace height ,it seems to work best for me. Good consistant form has a lot to do with how the brace height plays out for most shooters. Not saying I have good form , just my opinion , thanx for the info , always interested

specs for the GT-500. ATA 34 7/8'” BH 7 1/8”

specs for the Judge. 34 7/8 axle to axle 6" brace height

ok I apologize I was thinking the Judge was in the range of 31-32 AtA Evidently I was thinking of another bow .. again my apologies

The SR 71 is 33 5/8 AtA and 6 1/16 Brace

I know how you feel about short Brace Bows .. My Super Tec was 5 3/4" it taught me how to shoot .. I loved that thing ... kinda sad I got rid of it to a point ... my shoulder still isnt pre surg strong yet ... but its about 90% If I crepted with that bow I would certainly know it
    A true Archery Nut

ive shot a judge smooth but firm draw .My opinion would make a good 3d bow.

I agree with Bowzone Mike, you need to get a true target bow and not worry so much about the speed. If you are good are yardage guessing then a target bow will be throwing darts all day long.

You need a new Triumph from Mathews. That would shoot very accurate for you in 3D and if you want to shoot paper you have the bow.

Just my .02 cents.