• other

9 8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: gmc chevy dodge or ford

Re: gmc chevy dodge or ford

Quote Originally Posted by elkster
    Hey Guys,
    I'm so freaking old, I remember when international was the best selling truck. Moose hunter and all the rest of you young guys have probably neve even heard of and IH or corn binder as they used to be called. Actually I drive a Chev cause the parts are cheaper than ford and the others. So anyone out there have a international??
    me and my dad r restoring one and a 51 ford with a chevy 327 o yes it goes fast
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

Quote Originally Posted by elkster
    Hey Guys,
    I'm so freaking old, I remember when international was the best selling truck. Moose hunter and all the rest of you young guys have probably neve even heard of and IH or corn binder as they used to be called. Actually I drive a Chev cause the parts are cheaper than ford and the others. So anyone out there have a international??
    Oh I know about Internationals....there's a few kicking around here, and I know a few people trying to restore them...also one certain crazy bugger who just loves his Studebakers. I'm a ford girl, but for some reason I have a thing for the new dodge power wagon...probably something to do with them coming stock with a 12000 pound winch and 9 inches of extra articulation in the shocks..... ...just gotta find myself a 77 ford F250 Highboy.

Well i drive a 94 f-250 with 2 inches of lift and 33" all terrains soon to be mud terrains!!! I only get to drive it about 3 out of the four weeks in a month the other week it is getting fixed!

It might just be me or the truck is not built ford tough lol

steve

Looks like FORD, beat every other truck out there EH. Like I said, fords the only, and I mean ONLY way to go!

Looks like FORD, beat every other truck out there EH. Like I said, fords the only, and I mean ONLY way to go!

i drive a 96 dakota ( had it about a month now) it seems ford has the upper hand here... whats interesting is that domestic seems to have import by about 101 to 9......i might not get 800,000 out of my girls runnig gear without some work, but my alternator or water pump isnt going to cost me 400$ and I can change it myself in less tha a half hour

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy-up69
    Amen, my f-250 is nearly 20 years old, never lets me down and I've had it for 12 years!

kishman

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer
    Of COURSE real men drive fords. Any old wimp can DRIVE their vehicle into the woods - but it takes a REAL man to push his in.
    LOL ! I've pushed my old mans Fix Or Repair Daily's more than a few times!

Always been a GMC chevy guy myself but won't buy another when my 1985 pick-up gives it up. It breaks my heart but the fact is N.A. based manufacturers are building sub par vehicles. I would buy N.A. even if I had to pay more for an equal product. Read the consumer reports and stats though and they paint a clear picture! Ford and Chev aren't going down the drain because of an unequal marketplace they are going down the drain because the work is sloppy and their average vehicles are so unreliable that I swear they are stuck together with chewing gum.

The last new vehicle I bought was a Toyota Carolla for the wife in 2003. It now has 120,000 Km on it and not a squeek or hiccup. It still has the original break pads! Dealer service for regular maintenance has been inexpensive and top notch. These cars are being built in Ontario, so much for the unequal market place! If toyota can build reliable vehicles here why can't N.A. based manufacturers do it as well? Give me a good product and I will support you in spades but until you do I'm buying Japanese.
    Always remember the rear end you kick today may be the one you need to kiss tomorrow.

Kids that hunt and fish don't grow up to rob little old ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by kishman
    Amen, my f-250 is nearly 20 years old, never lets me down and I've had it for 12 years!

kishman
    Ya, fords never let me down. I just bought my first truck about a month ago, 1988 Ford f-150, so far I have put about $200 into it because the guy before never took care of it. And with in the next 2 weeks I gotta put 8 new u-joint sin that sucker, after that, she will be good to go! Im happy with it!. I think I got a couple pics in my gallery, go check 'er out.

Cliff

Sure are a lot of fools buying into that "Tough Truck" nonsense.
    I have found it better for me to buy an older Chev(pre computer) and fix em up. More reliable, less expensive to maintain, and if something does go wrong in the bush, easier to jury-rig to get it out. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati