Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: how do i get my gf into hunting?

Re: how do i get my gf into hunting?

Thanks for the welcome moose hunter. It is much appreciated.

As for the women instructors... on the other end I taught flycasting lessons for a bit. The women tended to learn easier from me I think maybe due to the not being intimidated by me factor. The look of relief on their faces to see a young female teaching them was pretty funny. However, the older gent who was in the class didn't show up for the second night. Too funny. The look on his face and his reaction of "YOU'RE the instructor?!" when I introduced myself to him before the class started was priceless.

I had my money on his not showing up the second night anyways. The other man that brought his wife did very well though and I assume him and his wife are out thoroughly enjoying flyfishing now.

My biggest thing I keep telling my bf about getting me into hunting is the fact I have this mental block about eating game. Kinda weird. I keep telling him why would I shoot one when I don't eat it (even though he would be more than happy too!)...

Although I keep saying a big moose rack got by me would like mighty good over the fireplace....

Hmmmm... maybe this will be the year....

On another note woman are much better with children than man and thus woman are more likely to recruit young hunters than man. This is a fact, studies have shown that woman hunting instructors are much more sucessful and fewer of their students fail than by male examiners.[/quote]

One of the main reasons our new society sucks.!!! Young men are told by mothers to do this, then they start school and for another 12 yrs. lectured to by women.
    Sorry I am equal rights but I aint no panty waste either, I hunt like a man and I dont mind the odd woman hunting but hey! dont paint them as a savior to the continued well being of hunting.
    And no I dont like being lectured to by women..I look at some of the young people today and am amazed they dont freakin wear dresses after being harassed by women for the first 18 yrs of thier lives.
    Stick to the bloody subject BUD!
    Only stupid people are never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer
    Now that i did NOT know.

I've seen some studies that show they tend to shoot better than men.
    Not any I've met, and it does not look like the military is advertising for

female gunners or Artillerymen..

If the kid wants to hunt with his girlfriend then ok..personally I think he

should spend more time in school perfecting his writing skills.!!!

woods camper i think u and i r guna be pals,  i have a lot of frends in abby do u know christine kutt? anyhoo my gf lives in hixon i don’t get to c her often cuz shes an hour drive away and if she has time to c me in the fall i want her to come hunting with me cuz that’s all i do in my spare time  take ur good grammar and shove it it says no where that i need to use that at least u understand
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

Moose Hunter,

IHMO the G/F is safer in the Camp making the meals for the boys. From what I have read through the posts here it is you that wants her to get into hunting. Now if in fact it is she that wants to do it, she should be signing up on the fourms getting a real feel for hunting, as really how much hunting have ya done? since ya only what 13??

Lucky for my hunting parteners it is more of a get away from the wifes Whats the matter with that one, why not shoot it, its cold I want to go back to camp. I'm hungry, I am board get my point.

I am with BcBoy on this one

SW

Dude you call that your G/F??? What does your dad take the two of you to the drive in movies??? Tell her to watch out for the Popcorn Monster

My G/F lives in Buttswana I don't see her much as it is too far to drive

Quote Originally Posted by moose hunter
    woods camper i think u and i r guna be pals,  i have a lot of frends in abby do u know christine kutt? anyhoo my gf lives in hixon i don’t get to c her often cuz shes an hour drive away and if she has time to c me in the fall i want her to come hunting with me cuz that’s all i do in my spare time  take ur good grammar and shove it it says no where that i need to use that at least u understand
    Whatever your name is I do not even understand you. Is this the sorry state of our education system??

I am kinda of offended by your posts and your attempt at English language, I can offer help if you ask but I am begining to believe you are only here to cause trouble.

I am not here to belittle you or make fun of you I am just wondering if you really are 14 yrs old, and if why are you trying to act so much older.

The moderators make allowances for age and such, moderators!! why are you not editing some of these posts into English. I think you are doing him and us a diservice by allowing him to pigeon english us.

Anyway best of luck to you Moose Hunter whoever you may be

[quote=huntwriter]Woman are coming to hunting big time and I think it is great.

Like it or not, some of you, the woman are here to stay and that is very good so. We need more hunters, a lot more, if we are to keep our heritage and way of life. Numbers impress politicans and the more hunters, male and female, we have the less likely politicans are going to mess with us.

Thats your opinion..hunting will survive regardless.

Not any I've met, and it does not look like the military is advertising for

female gunners or Artillerymen..
    Ahh - how wrong you are my friend... there's a female squad leader in afghanistan right now leading combat patrols and she's the crack shot of the unit (one of the reasons she got the job). You can see her in the picture the paper had of harper with 'the troops'.

And our friend the russian princess seems to hit what she's shooting at. It's getting her to stop shooting it that's the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer
    Ahh - how wrong you are my friend... there's a female squad leader in afghanistan right now leading combat patrols and she's the crack shot of the unit (one of the reasons she got the job). You can see her in the picture the paper had of harper with 'the troops'.

And our friend the russian princess seems to hit what she's shooting at. It's getting her to stop shooting it that's the problem...
    I still have not met any of them..and btw the Canadian army probably has a policy for advancment by minorities.
    Yes foxer woman can shoot..Russian snipers in WW2 had some fantastic female snipers.
    Women want this they want that..sorry I am being overly sarcastic because everyone here is trying to be politically correct.Me I dont care, women are not the saviour for this mans sport but they can join just dont take over.
    And for the record even the best woman marksman have not compared to men, its easy to pull a trigger but a full combat rig snipers are to carry far exceed what a smaller stature person can handle.

And if it came to life or death in a military situation where the person involved had to kill or be killed I would pick guess what!! Same goes for pickin a partner to back me up hunting.

Honestly Foxer is this guy for real,,, I feel like if i dont kiss his a#$ or agree or play papa to him he gets a hissy fit..
    You know me Foxer I am a honest guy I mean him no harm but I got my limits too, I cant out write you or out type you but I am experienced enough to know when we are gewttin duped
    Last edited by bcboy; 03-17-2006 at 12:07 AM.