Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how do i get my gf into hunting?

Re: how do i get my gf into hunting?

I asked my wife but she opted for going to the Dominican Republic for a week in April. She wins this time. It's our 10th anniversary this year so I guess she deserves it. Looks like I won’t be making it off the Island this fall either, as I’ll still be paying on that trip down south. There is definitely give and take. My wife wont hunt but she loves to eat what I bring home so it all depends on what she wants.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

ya know when I think about .... my G/F doesn't complian half as much as some the hunting buddies I got ......LOL!

I've asked my wife a few times to come with me and she just isn't into it, but thats ok she dont complain when i go either.Tell you the truth its kinda nice just getting away for a while,and hangin with the boys but at the end of my two week trip in oct. its really nice to come home to someone as well.I guess what i'm saying is ,woman cant live with them cant live without them.

moose hunter, here is some advice, take it for what it is worth. You say that she loves to shoot and that as soon as she drops something, she will be hooked. Just how do you know this?? Is from your personal experience?? Just because she loves to shoot does not imply she loves to kill something. It seems to me you are reading a lot into the situation. Don't make her take that step before she is ready, the results could be disasterous. My advice would be to let her tell you what she wants to do on her time schedule. Don't lead her down a path she is not ready for. I took my daughter out with me when I would go hunting when she was about 10 years old. Just to sit and watch me. When she was 16, she shot her first deer with a rifle, she shot a couple more, but she was not really bitten with the hunting bug. She tried it, liked it, and now has other priorities... like passing college algebra!!!! Talk it up to your GF as time permits, but look signs for where she wants to go with it and what she is ready for, good luck!!!!

Re: how do i get the gf into hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog
    ... Dont get her into hunting son, get her into cooking and cleaning you'll be much happier.
    ROFLMAO

I wish someone had told me that years ago!

I asked my wife if she wanted to go bare hunting with me this spring, but she said it would be to cold. So I promised her that if she went with me I would make her bear claw slippers to keep her delicate little feet warm. She didn't sound to interested, so I said I would make her bear claw mitts to keep her lovely hands warm. She was pretty cool to that idea as well. Well, I know a way to a ladies heart, jewlery! I figured a bear tooth necklace for an anniversary present would be something that would warm the heart of any women and make her want to go with me. But no she wasn't the slightest bit interested and told me just go with your buddies and forget about me. Women! It's gonna break my heart to be away from the love of my life while I'm bear hunting, but what's a guy gonna do? Guess I'll have to call my hunting partner and go with him instead. I'm so sad now I guess I'll have to stay out an extra day or two just to get over it. Maybe I'll try and pet some bears so I feel better like that fella in Alaska did. Anyhow I gotta go I'm so depressed.

Arrow Re: how do i get my gf into hunting?

I will let my gf come with me if Im gonna just sit in a blind for deer, or lean against some haybales calling crows.

Never would I want her with me if I was actually serious on doing some hunting.

there is plenty of time to spend time with the gf, she dont need to come with me hunting
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I'm with bird dog on this subject, he sounds like a Wise man. or he has the same wife that i have. i vote leave them nagging at home.

I know my wife would come hunting with me if I asked, and she would be more than willing to help with the kill, but there is a time for them to stay home or take along pending on the conditions. I've taken her a few times either early season or late she never complains no matter the situation I guess I'm lucky that way. But now I have a son getting into hunting so I spend lots of time with him grooming his hunting skills.

i got mine into hunting and she loves it, pickin it up pretty quick too, shes very eager to get out! its really nice to share one of my favorite hobbies, and greatest experiences with her, lets us spend alot more time together too. but dont get me wrong she cant come all the time, still got to go with the guys and get out solo too when i have the most luck!