Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how do i get my gf into hunting?

Re: how do i get my gf into hunting?

with a juniors license I think she is allowed her own bag limit of small game (grouse and rabbits) but she has to hunt off her supervisors (your dad) big game tags. She will be allowed to hunt and carry a rifle only under careful supervision of a licensed adult.
    Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.

This is my girlfiend she started hunting the same fall that we met. As you can see you can share and enjoy the company of someone to hunt with regardless of the relationship. I think it makes the bond between the two of you stronger. Just remember you must share in some of her passions as well, it is a two way street. On a side note moose hunter save yourself for someone you are going to spend more than a puppy love time frame with.

http://usera.imagecave.com/moosecall...firstmoose.JPG

ALthough I had a good laugh at the earlier posts I would tend to think if you can get anyone out to hunt with you and also introduce a new hunter that is great. I do enjoy my time hunting with the guys, but I have taken a girlfriend out in the past and it was surprisingly enjoyable.

Just remember though.......only show her your secret hunting areas if you are sure it is going to work out. If things end it could be a pain listening to you two argue about who gets what hunting area in the breakup!! It would scare the animals in the field.

Moose hunter.. You definitely want her involved !! Take it from somebody who has had 3 generations of females join him on a hunt ( wife, daughter/ daughter in law, and grand daughter ) there is nothing better. And as has been posted earlier it is amazing how easy it is to get that day off to go hunting with your buddies.Plus it helps to have somebody ready to make lunches and such...lol Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

dude the only reason to take a woman hunting is if she on her ummm err bait! or if she s got a better truck than you.
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

I always had a hard time keeping my mind on hunting after watching a butt wiggle up the trail for a couple hours. Only ever shot one deer when my wife was along. Maybe you can but i can`t hunt and watch women at the same time.

Simply ask her if she would like to go hunting and if she says yes take her along.

My girl freind ( soon to be wife ) is just about to take the core course. She wants to hunt with me. When I met her she had never been sledding,fishing,camping,etc. She loves it all and is good at it. And yes it is a two way street. I now visit scrapbook stores.NO I DO NOT SCRAPBOOK!!!!! I just take her there and look at stuff.Honest!

Me and My Grlfriend ( Future Wife ) Got a "River Jet Adventure" Planned with Guy Scott this August for Elk And Moose... should be the time of our lives ..... Hehehehehe!.... its really our Honeymoon!
    Last edited by JohnS; 03-14-2006 at 07:24 PM.

My advice is take a picture of her and she can go hunting all the time with you and no headaches.