Thread: Looking for Arrow Block

Looking for Arrow Block

Im looking for a arrow block for target practice. Looking aroung at the local shops but they are expensive.
    Does anyone know of a inexpensive target block ?
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for Arrow Block

are you looking for a broadhead or just a field point target.

I assume by saying "block" you mean rubber for broad heads. Try searching this site. It has allot of threads on this. Best I remember is rubber link-together mats at your hardware store.

Bow Walker Guest

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/search...archid=3081236

That should keep you going.

If you want a field tip target - go to a coffee roaster and get some sacks. Stuff them with the plastic bags from grocery stores. Stuff them very full. Sew up the top of the sack and voila! You've got a target the will stop the fastest field tipped arrow - providing you stuffed it tight enough. Gotta love recycling.

Failing all of the above - and if you've got $100 burning a hole in your pocket - buy one of these http://www.bulldogtargets.com/

I did and it's a great target. Easy to transport and stops arrows like a brick.
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 03-19-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Bulldog double dog is a great field point target and for shooting spot rounds by the 1000's for 2 people at the same time.

For broadheads the yellowjacket can sure take a beating and they pull straight back out the blade cuts

hardcore carries the double dogs and the vernon Outdoor store carries the yellowjackets

Both great for walk back tuning

Thanks guys.
    it just kills me to spend over $100 on a target block made of "just" foam.
    I guess it beats shooting into a stump. I have tried a hay bail and it worked fine. So for $5 I can just leave it in the bush and not worry about it being taken.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

I have the Rinehart 18-1 block and it is great. Good size for in the jeep and has taken 1000's of arrows and still not ratty. Hay works but is messy to move and use. I have made bag target and they work well but need set up time. The Rinehart you just drop on a stump and shoot until your arms hurt. I hate things that cost more than you need but found this to be a good use of money. Arrows and heads are pricey and this saves them both for repeated use. I got mine at chilliwack dart and tackle.
    Are we having fun yet?