Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: missing hunter spatsizi

missing hunter spatsizi

Anyone know if there are any updates on Tom Leonard the hunter that went missing in 2005. He was hunting sheep in the Spatsizi. I don't think they ever found him but was wondering if there were any new updates on the story.
    Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: missing hunter spatsizi

The family organizes a search for the last couple of springs.The road into the area was washed out for a season or two,but has now been repaired.This is the area where they found his truck at the trailhead,and it had the additonal food & supplies for the second half of his trip.Nobody has found anything.It is a vast area.Hopefully they can find him for some closure.
    Count your age by friends...not years. Count your life by smiles...and not tears.

Have not heard of any findings. Most people that go in don't go far off the Eaglenest trail.

I hate stories with no happy ending, or no ending. The family will continue to suffer and that's the worst part of it all.
    They'll never end hunting...may make it illegal, but they'll never really kill that way of life!

A CO that I know was part of the search in 2007. He and seven more preople searched for three weeks with no results. Pretty sad story.

what a horrible feeling, not knowing.. i've been to the spatsizi a number of times since 05, i can't help glassing and thinking it would be beutiful, to find him and give the family closure..when i was there last aug with one of my son's i mentioned there was a missing hunter in the park somewhere, and is presumed dead, and the family has been looking for 4 yrs for him, he was a little emotional, and said a prayer for him and his family.. i pray for the family aswell.. it is a massive area. i hope he is found..

To die in the bush beats the hell out of doing it in town,hooked up to machines.Seen that,hated it,made me cry.

I want to go his way.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    To die in the bush beats the hell out of doing it in town,hooked up to machines.Seen that,hated it,made me cry.

I want to go his way.

At age 40? Wasn't his time to go. And theres always the chance it was a bear attack. I deffinatly don't want to go that way.

Eaglenest is rugged country with no shortage of bears. Not a good place to slip-up.

It's going on 5 years, doubt anyone will ever find what's left of him.

Well hopefully someone can find some closure to this and perhaps someone of the likes of jack boudreau will write a story about it.
    NO MAN IS A FAILURE UNTIL HE REFUSES TO GET BACK UP...