Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June on Bowron Lake

Re: June on Bowron Lake

Big Flatfish , frog patterns or black with silver specs- some big trout in those lakes specially Isaac lake

We did it the last week of May. We caught some monster trout at the bottom of Isaac lake where it dumps into the caribou river. Also caught some big trout at the mouth of various rivers. We used small spoons and vertically jigged. Was deadly. Saw lots of moose, a few black bears and a few Griz.
    Stick close to the shore on the big lakes. It blows up very fast and you can go from dead calm to large waves in no time.

Have a great time. One of the best trips I have ever done

Thanks for your reply Aspen !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    We did it the last week of May. We caught some monster trout at the bottom of Isaac lake where it dumps into the caribou river. Also caught some big trout at the mouth of various rivers. We used small spoons and vertically jigged. Was deadly. Saw lots of moose, a few black bears and a few Griz.
    Stick close to the shore on the big lakes. It blows up very fast and you can go from dead calm to large waves in no time.

Have a great time. One of the best trips I have ever done
    Thanks for the information Ron C. !

Looking forward to the trip !
    Arctic Lake

If any of you fellas have anymore information it would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake

When you check in with BC parks, you choose your campsites. Highly recommend #21 on Isaac lake. It's right across the lake from Betty Wendle Cr. Awesome fishing at the mouth of the creek.
    #31 at the Bottom of Issac lake. There is a covered shelter here with a wood stove. We caught our biggest fish right here, 100 yards from camp . And you can run the rapids a pile of times for fun. Takes about 20 minutes to portage back to the mouth. Had a blast here. If you stay at site 21, it's about a 4 hour leisurely paddle to 31. Lots of time left in the day to fish and canoe the rapids.

#44 on skoi lake was awesome. Saw lots of moose here. And had a griz and black bear walk I to camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    When you check in with BC parks, you choose your campsites. Highly recommend #21 on Isaac lake. It's right across the lake from Betty Wendle Cr. Awesome fishing at the mouth of the creek.
    #31 at the Bottom of Issac lake. There is a covered shelter here with a wood stove. We caught our biggest fish right here, 100 yards from camp . And you can run the rapids a pile of times for fun. Takes about 20 minutes to portage back to the mouth. Had a blast here. If you stay at site 21, it's about a 4 hour leisurely paddle to 31. Lots of time left in the day to fish and canoe the rapids.

#44 on skoi lake was awesome. Saw lots of moose here. And had a griz and black bear walk I to camp.
    Thanks Very Much Ron !

Arctic Lake

hi

did the trip a couple years ago

one small thing

make sure you either rent the 'canoe tires' from the resort (16" or so) or bring like ones

my friends brought their own from home

they were 6" hard plastic which were ok for wheeling down whiterock beach yet they fought them every single portage

Good Info Whognu !

We have a good cart with tubed tires . Will bring a patch kit as well , you never know !
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake

How was your trip Arctic Lake? Might be heading up there myself next year or the year after!