Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban all fishing nets. Hooks & line only

vancouver island for now .. soon on a peice of paridise in quesnel

Re: Ban all fishing nets. Hooks & line only

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Was that for the local market?
    there is very few uneducated canadians eating that shyte .. back east maybe but like i said very few educated people ..
    personally i have nothing against salmon farms .. just get them out of the oceans or at least out of the migration routes .. simple stuff .. be assured i am glad that there are those .. ozone included that make a good living in the industry .. just needs a little cleaning up ..

wished i had one of those little popcorn munchin smilies cuz thats what i would put after my post lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    Some was.

Do you only buy local products? your rifle, it was made in BC right from steel mined on the island? The gas you burn in your truck, its local right?
    The gas in my truck could be local But, Its sold off to the rest of the world.My rifle could also be made here out of recycled steel, yes But we are getting off topic.

More canadians eat farmed salmon than wild salmon, mostly because it is a hell of a lot better than chemical laden wild salmon that have been fished to the brink of extinction.
    I can speak Canadian in English.

Proud to be a Salmon Farmer.

I used to extrude fish pellets for Moore Clark. And you are full of shit 3006.There are lots of crap in fish pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Browningmirage View Post
    Oh bugger, another fish management thread on a hunting forum...

If you think commercial fishing is the only thing doing our salmon/other fish in, you are very narrow minded. Though commercial fishing has done in something like 85% of the worlds stocks, it definately isnt the only thing. Sockeye fishing was closed in BC last year, and yet the returns were way below forecast.

Also, sport fishing has had a significant impact on fish stocks...only recently did we realize that recreational anglers took a substantial portion of the annual Chinook catch...what happens when we make it legal to sell your catch? People are greedy, part of the reason why management is so hard to implement.

I dont know the solution, but I know it will take a multi-faceted approach, aimed at fishing, habitat, enhancement, etc and would probably be a difficult pill to swallow by alot of people.
    I believe we all Have an impact on the fish. Fish farms , Comercial ,sport fishing it all adds up. But if our fish were worth more $$ than they would be worth looking after.Is that not how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    I used to extrude fish pellets for Moore Clark. And you are full of shit 3006.There are lots of crap in fish pellets.
    Extrude them out your ass? You obviously were no higher than a sweep up boy.

And i take it your in your twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06 Hunter View Post
    More canadians eat farmed salmon than wild salmon, mostly because it is a hell of a lot better than chemical laden wild salmon that have been fished to the brink of extinction.
    They have been fished to the brink of extinction By nets. The see lice from the fish farms have done even more damage to the already low over fished stocks. When I said remove all nets that would include fish farms unless they are on land.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderheart View Post
    .. just needs a little cleaning up ..
    We need to get you out on a tour and show you how clean we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

There has been no damage to fish stocks by salmon farms. You should stop listening to the anti bullshit. Of course if you believe the antis about salmon farms you probably believe them about how banning the grizzly hunt is a good idea.