Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for duck waders...what kind you got?

Re: looking for duck waders...what kind you got?

wading boots range far in price and quality. If you go that route instead of boot foot waders spend the extra dough and get something that will protect your neoprene stockings. I used to wear hodgmans cause they had the best felts and were light as hell, but they shitekicked my old waders stocking feet because they had no inner protection. I am now using simms riverteks; better protection but the felts kind of suck. Many wading boot manufacturers are now using vibram (rock climbing rubber) soles to help curb river snot/rock snot transfer between watersheds.
    You can get carbide studs to caulk felt bottom wading boots if you need more traction.

Thanks guys...this isnt the first time I've heard good reports about the cabelas waders...they're already on the shortlist...and moving up...appreciate the feedback. Cheers.

Cabelas for me,2nd set in 15 years worth every penny..

In 1981 I got a pair of Wardell 5MM stocking foot neoprene waders in camo custom made for me. It cost about $125 then. The best decision that I ever made re hunting clothing. They still fit and really blend in and work great after 29 years! I highly recommend neoprene, as if you get a blackberry thorn in them they self seal. I get lug sole wading shoes from Cabelas to wear with them, and they are pretty cheap. If you wanted, you could go get a cheap pair of tennis shoes and fit them over the stocking foot. That said, if I had to replace them, I'd look at the Cabelas.

Porky,

That brings back memories! I too got a pair of wardell customs around that time, but they didn't have camo, had them for years until the neoprene in the feet colapsed. The original Wardell made killer waders, I bought another pair from "them" same name new owners and not the same.

Ian

Do you guys use the same waders for river fishing? Would you have a different pair of footwear for fishing and hunting?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I wear them for both, but have stockingfoots too

I just picked up the Cabelas Supermags and love 'em. And I have two other buddies who have them and they would post the same response

kastles
    "I would never sell you guys life insurance."

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Do you guys use the same waders for river fishing? Would you have a different pair of footwear for fishing and hunting?
    yeah for sure...fishing waders should focus more on comfort....hunting waders have to be more durable...difference is hunting kneeling in a twiggy piece of brush on frozen mud or casting from a knee deep wade on a gravel bar.

I've pretty much decided...between the input here and the cabelas online customer reviews (of ALL makes) i don't think anything has as good a chance as the cabelas...ill try em!