Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Archery Supplies Lowermainland

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Archery Supplies Lowermainland

Well there ya go! Three good recommendations for ya.

Was just south of the border in Lynden WA at Dave's Sporting Goods, not a true archery store but they had enough to make it worth my trip.

Not quite lower mainland, I know.

Talk to Bill , he was very helpfull and gave me some pretty good deals, ended up ordering some stuff thru him.

Also Chilliwack Dart and Tackle, Dale is the guy to talk to out there.

1)Wayne at Big Game Archery
    2)Dart and Tackle (Dale)

Both places will do the trick

Bow Walker Guest

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Boormans yet - they're in New West.

Big Game Archery is the best place to go.
    I love animals
    They taste GREAT

Boormans treated me great.

Amazing service just like Reliable.

When Delta proposed a bylaw banning new firearms related businesses Silvercore/Travis, Dlask/Joe, Bits of Pieces/Barry met with the Muni to oppose it, Bryan Mymko / Stillwater Sports thought it was a great idea and supported the Muni (to have a monopoly in Ladner). Are some great guys that work/started out in their basement/garage but some only think of what is good for them and not the industry. May want to consider that when making a recommendation or shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Boormans yet - they're in New West.
    Was just going to do that but you beat me to it,staff is always friendly and very helpfull.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Personally I find all local shops to be over-the-top ridiculesly priced for archery gear!

No offense to them but a release from them any local shop was $90... then I went onto Ebay and they were all $25... I looked into the cost and the release was under $30 Canadian. (we deal with Porcupine creek so I have the Canadian Costs for dealers)

I work in the industry and I will support Canadian Business if it is not a HUGE price difference... but come-one.... 400%+ mark up.... go pound sand.

I bought my PSE Evo with all the goodies for under $700(taxes duties and shipping in) brand new from the USA... Tell me why it needs to be a $1100 bare bow in Canada. Wyane at Big Game Archery quoted me $1575+tax for the setup that I have. I know there are going to be the poeple that Harp on shop Local but you know that $800 goes alot further for me in my pocket then in someone else s. Also I did the research and I found the bow that I wanted... with all accessories so Wyanes knowledge and Service Had nothing to do with the transaction.

IMO there is a good reason all of the archery only shops can operate under 40 hours a week with staff and still have loads of money to buy toys and have all the goodies. I have never gone into Big Game Archery without Wyane trying to rape me of my Visa, He even told me that my stabilizer was poor quality then tryed to sell the the exact same on in a 8" version trather then 6"... Similar to with Boormans... the amount that they charge to service your bow is astronomical and should almost be illegal.

What I do is I shop around and I tell them the exact landed cost including Duties, taxes and shipping for me and ask them to match it or even come close.... Them not knowing that I know their costs they generally tell me to beat it... Then I phone them up and thank them for telling me to save money buying from the US. Wyane will now match all the prices for me.

I say shop around HARD... That is the only way the market will be kept in check.

Sounds like a Dickhead thing to do but I work Hard for my money and for me to give it to a guy that does nothing for my business, other then try to over charge me... I will find the best deal and stick with it, even if it taked a few extra weeks to ship.

With all that said Wyane is by far the most knowledgeable and the best at what he does. If you are willing to pay for his lifestyle and pay full price He is the only guy that I would deal with.

Dutchie
    Last edited by dutchie; 05-29-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    Hub Sports in Abby has a decent selection. Travis is the guy to talk to. he really knows his stuff.
    Hub Sports has gone down the tubes with the new owner. Travis is now at Reaction Fly and Tackle, just behind the Tim Horton's at Whatcom Rd and the freeway. They are currently setting up a hunting section, the archery section has yet to be built up, but Travis assures me it is coming.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.