Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: good scope or not a good scope???

I did a bunch of checking around last year when I needed a new scope. I was looking at that oval tasco. I was told that on any thing with even a little kick they fail to hold center. I ended up buying a bairly used Bausch&laumb (sp?) for less. Bushnell bought them out a couple of years ago and the optics are great. ther is MY 2 cents..

bone-collector Guest
    I think your right Coaster , they have gotten a nasty reputation over the years because of hi-end scopes , some folks think if it costs $1000 it has to be 1000 times better than a $100 , in some cases true but 1 of the most sought after scopes of BR shooters states side is the tasco sniper (the original) , Ill try one on the BR if it hold up it hold up and if not like I said , get it fixed and put it on a .22 :P

Tell ya what 3Kills, I have a 3x9x40 3000 Matte Baush + Lomb sitting in the corner gathering dust. It is in very nice condition, a few small scrtiches on body tube from use, but optically excellent. It holds zero and tracks very well. It was on a 270 of my brother's since he bought it new. I will let you have it for $200 + shipping, less than the price of a new Tasco, and 10x the scope.

StoneChaser

bone-collector Guest
    now theres a good deal 3kills :P

"I would rather buy 4 tascos than 1 overpriced leupold or zeiss anyday"

Great, tell ya what bones. Since we live close to each other I'll make you a deal. I'll let you in on all the used Tascos I find, in return you can hook me up with all the Leupolds you stumble across. Being virtual neighbours and all, thats the least I could do

StoneChaser

bone-collector Guest
    if I knew of any leupolds I would tell you, the only ones I see here are very few BR shooters at the club and the odd hunting rifle, most buy bushnell/elite 3200/elite 4200 scopes. but if I see any for sale i will let you know

thanx for all the great comments and advice on the tasco scopes...and thanx for the great offer for the scope stone chaser...seems like alot of differnet opions on tasco scopes...even guys i asked around here have diffferent opinions...i think i m just going to go with the tasco and if it doesnt hold up then i will get it fixed like bones said and mount it on my .22...but thanx again guys for the comments and advice...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I've owned bushnell for a while and i just got a zeiss conquest 3.5x12 and love it. way clear than my old bushnell and my dads leopold. If you look for the zeiss you can get great deals. i just bought a 3x9 for my 7mm and it was under 600 which is a heck of a deal.

rrfred Guest
    hi 3kills, if i had the extra bucks would do leupold vx 2 or vx3 but too much for the working stiff who has a few hipower toys to work, I use the bushnell / bausch 3000-3200 series mostly - really good performanceand fair pricing with reasonable optics and excellent service from the factory over the past twenty or so years. rainguard does work great too, later rrfred

hey rrfred...the scope is just going on my old british 303 so i wasnt to worried about what make thats why i was thinkin the cheap tasco...wich i did purchase...i havent mounted it yet but i will be after bear season and i will let u all know what i think about it after i fire a box or two off with it mounted....
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer