Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: good scope or not a good scope???

good scope or not a good scope???

was looking today at a tasco 3-9x40mm world class scope..was just wondering if anyone has used one like it and if its good or not want to mount it on my 303...what do ya think??? thanx for replies...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

2. Site Sponsor

I'll probably get attacked for this one, but I have yet to see a Tasco scope that was worthy of being put on any rifle - PERIOD!!!!! For the price of a Tasco World Class, you could do MUCH better. The only scopes I personally use now are Leupolds, simply because they have never let me down. However, there are some other scopes that are worthy of mention, and quite affordable (Burris, B+L...). My longwinded point here is, that essentially you get what you pay for. This can be avoided by the budget minded individual by picking up used optics of higher quality for the same price or less than a new Tasco. I hunt too hard to be let down by inferior optics, a clear reliable scope that holds zero and withstands bumps and bruises will be your most valuable tool after scaling a mtn for 10 days or hunting that trophy buck all season when the moment of truth arrives. Just my 2 cents

StoneChaser

thanx stonechaser thats what i m lookin for is peoples 2 cents....i m sure i wont make my final descion from one person opinion but if i get lots of people that say roughly the same thing then ya i will steer clear of it all togther....thanx again....any more advie from others out there????
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I had a Tasco for one season...that was too long!!!!

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson
    Quote Originally Posted by QnsCowboy
    I had a Tasco for one season...that was too long!!!!
    Ditto!
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

I've never been a Tasco fan, seems to me Bushnell makes a higher quality riflescope for the same price. Isn't Tasco out of business now anyways?? I thought I read that somewhere.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

i myself is more of a bushnell fan too...but for what the cost of this scope was and what i was going to use it for..it doesnt seem like a bad buy...i have heard they are out of bussiness

I had a Tasco on my 308 after two boxes trying to sight it in I took it off put a bushnell scope on the 308 sighted it in with six rounds using the T on the tasco as the target at 100 yards.IMO Tascos are junk! Although good targets to shoot at.

bone-collector Guest
    i dunno , bullcoon uses them tasco varmints on everything from a 7mm to a 338-378WBY znd they seem to hold up , I am not a tasco fan eother but hey I have seen them work and I would rather buy 4 tascos than 1 overpriced leupold or zeiss anyday $1000 for a scope is obsurd for a gunting rifle ..if you were a copatition shooter every weekend then yes spend the mocey on awsome optics , but a plain jane hunting rifle that you shoot maybe a box of ammo a year out of .. $200 scope is plenty IMHO ,
    and no Mark there still in buisness I beleive , I will have a added response in a month to this post as I am putting a 10-40x50 tasco sniper scope on my 300WBY BR rifle , couple older guys have them and swear by them on a heavy target rifle (this is if SIR has any like they list) if not a 6-24x42 varmint the same as bullcoons will do and if it breaks so what there lifetime warrenty , send it away and then put it on the kids .22

as for a great cheap hunting scope I have found that lasts longer than any other cheap scope ..bushnell banner dawn till dusk 3-9x50 , 6 years on a 338win mag now and still shoots dead on, and has nuff MOA to set it up for 1000 yard shoot without shims (and lifetime warrenty)

I have two Tasco's, one on a 300WM, the other on a 338WM. Neither one has ever given me any trouble in the last 7 years. I had a Tasco that was on my 30.06 that fell off my quad and I ran over it, it was bent all to hell but I could still see through it. Just mt 2 c..