Thread: Where to find draw stops.

Where to find draw stops.

I have been practicing with my compound for 6 months and plan to use it for hunting as soon as I get good enough. I find the draw length a bit long and I want to shorten it a bit. Here's the problem. It's a dual cam 70 lb Clearwater Super flex.
    Anyone know where I can find draw stops for it?

Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where to find draw stops.

draw stops will not shorten up your draw length. they will just hardin up the back wall.

If the bow did not come stock with draw stops you won't find any aftermarket parts for it as the cams would not have been designed to have them. What you can do to shorten the draw length a small amount is get the bow on a press and twist the string tighter. My wife shoots a 29 3/4" draw legth so we buy 30" draw and i twist the string to shorten the draw. You could probably get a 1/2" this way but i would not go too far with it as you don't want too many twists in the string.

Hope this helps
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

If you use a string loop, make sure it is as short a possible and still workable. Get a release with a short head and trigger forward design. You can gain 3/4" that way. I use a Tru-Ball Short'n Sweet.

Shooting too long of a draw length is a common problem and leads to poor shooting habits.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Thanks guys, a truefire bulldog release has solved it.