Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THE best Turkey Decoys

Re: THE best Turkey Decoys

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I just ordered the 3 Hunters Edge decoys on their web special for $39.99US shipped!!!!! I hope they are as nice as they look in the vid.
    Kim
    If you get yours before I get mine, paying customers like yourself always come first, let me know how you like the decoys.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

I was going to spend $40 on just one and it didn't look anywhere near as easy to carry. I let you know how they are.
    Kim

I'm gonna pack a 12ga and 22 this year. Dang birds keep hanging up. looking forward to your decoy reviews.
    BCWF, CSSA, NFA, RFOCBC, 4WDABC, NAHC

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal View Post
    I'm gonna pack a 12ga and 22 this year. Dang birds keep hanging up. looking forward to your decoy reviews.
    No need to get drastic. Canada's Outdoor Sportsman magazine just published one of my articles dealing with exactly that subject. Since the magazine is not available in BC you can go and read it here. The article will tell you everything you need to know about toms hanging up and how to get them closer for a shot.

In addition you also can come to my turkey hunting seminar in Keremeos on March 28th.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

good article. thanks.
    BCWF, CSSA, NFA, RFOCBC, 4WDABC, NAHC

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

In addition you also can come to my turkey hunting seminar in Keremeos on March 28th.[/quote]

Guess you beat me to it! I was going to metion this event and I"m glad your willing to do it.

For anyone interested in the seminar could you please PM me so we have an idea how many people are going to be attending. We might have to move it from our club house if there is too many people. (not that we mind!) but it would me nice to know well in advance.
    The thread stopper!

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

Ok lots of interest.... Huntwriter said he would be posting all the details soon so please PM after that is posted to let me know if your interested. This looks like its going to be fun!
    The thread stopper!

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKER View Post
    Ok lots of interest.... Huntwriter said he would be posting all the details soon so please PM after that is posted to let me know if your interested. This looks like its going to be fun!
    The details of the seminar are posted here on HBC. As always I am looking forward to this seminar in Keremeos. We will have fun while learning about turkey hunting and do something good for the club in Keremeos, all in one wash as they say.

For all those who asked about areas, here you go.

Good numbers of birds in the East Koots. A little to the west lots in Creston & Christina Lake area.

Now with that said Ive heard Christina Lake can be a gong show with the amount of hunters. You need to start your search for a spot to hunt on opening morning. Talk to farmers, ranchers, gas station guys, and corner store owners. These people see hunters all the time and can be very helpful.

For those near Rock Creek that is a good starting point, and then head north to the Christian Vally (east side). Look for a creek and good cover. The biggest tip in your search....get out of your truck and walk. You are not likely to see birds from your truck. Listen ! These birds are very vocal. DONT OVER CALL !!! Turkeys are smart and they learn from you.

As far as where they range ive heard of them in Vernon area and weat as far as Princeton. Their range is expanding and I think they will be up to Prince George and Williams Lake in 5 years. And look forward to a bigger bag limit.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

[quote=300H&H;638078]For all those who asked about areas, here you go.

Good numbers of birds in the East Koots. A little to the west lots in Creston & Christina Lake area.

Now with that said Ive heard Christina Lake can be a gong show with the amount of hunters. You need to start your search for a spot to hunt on opening morning. Talk to farmers, ranchers, gas station guys, and corner store owners. These people see hunters all the time and can be very helpful.

For those near Rock Creek that is a good starting point, and then head north to the Christian Vally (east side). Look for a creek and good cover. The biggest tip in your search....get out of your truck and walk. You are not likely to see birds from your truck. Listen ! These birds are very vocal. DONT OVER CALL !!! Turkeys are smart and they learn from you.

As far as where they range ive heard of them in Vernon area and weat as far as Princeton. Their range is expanding and I think they will be up to Prince George and Williams Lake in 5 years. And look forward to a bigger bag limit.

Cheers/ I am a newbie too turkey hunting in BC, any bit of info is much appreciated!!!!
    "LIFE IS GOOD"