Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some good news on the Conservation front

Re: Some good news on the Conservation front

More CO's are great. I agree that seasonal workers may not have the "character" needed for the job. The CO's around here seem to be pretty good in general but that is probably because they know most of the hunters. What I hate is to be stopped by a CO and treated like a criminal right off the bat. These guys have to be told that hunters pay their wages and that 95% of us are really pretty good guys.

Re: Some good news on the Conservation front

If some's good, more's better. I've been checked twice already by the COs this year, so I hope that's a sign they are able to be out more with the increased help.

For those who have a problem with "attitude" of a CO, remember that they undergo a LOT of training in human relations before they strap that uniform and gun on. They have to handle situations that most of us can't even imagine, with all kinds of different people with all kinds of reactions. They are trained to read people and adjust their approach accordingly.

Check your own shitty defensive attitude at the door the next time you meet a CO in the bush and see if he/she treats you any differently.