Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Found some snow in the chilliwack valley

Re: Found some snow in the chilliwack valley

I miss hiking up Thurston, Chilliwack valley is a great place to do it. Nice pics good job getting the kids out.
    Originally Posted by Gatehouse "I don't worry about the trim on rifle scopes. Probably because I have never caught the ghey."

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    That looks like a great hike, I have been searching on google maps for the road but having trouble finding it. Can someone pm me with the coordinates, I want to go for a hike up there one of these days.

Thanks, Bob
    Drive up Chilliwack Lake rd for about 25min. You'll see a prison on your left followed by a small bridge. Right after the bridge is a small camping area on your left with a main FSR. It's the road that goes up to Cheam and Foley Lake. Follow it for 1km until you get to a bridge. Left goes to Cheam, right goes to Foley Lake. Go left. One or two km's up that road it splits off. Right goes to Cheam (past the gravel pit) and left goes to Benchroad FSR. Stay left. About 3km's down Benchroad, there will be Mt Thurston FSR on your right. There is a brown government sign saying this so if there is no sign, it is the wrong road. Follow that road as far as you can. It climbs up and up and up past several clear cuts. There is a parking spot right before you hit snow. Hope this helps. Enjoi

Quote Originally Posted by MuleyStalker View Post
    Drive up Chilliwack Lake rd for about 25min. You'll see a prison on your left followed by a small bridge. Right after the bridge is a small camping area on your left with a main FSR. It's the road that goes up to Cheam and Foley Lake. Follow it for 1km until you get to a bridge. Left goes to Cheam, right goes to Foley Lake. Go left. One or two km's up that road it splits off. Right goes to Cheam (past the gravel pit) and left goes to Benchroad FSR. Stay left. About 3km's down Benchroad, there will be Mt Thurston FSR on your right. There is a brown government sign saying this so if there is no sign, it is the wrong road. Follow that road as far as you can. It climbs up and up and up past several clear cuts. There is a parking spot right before you hit snow. Hope this helps. Enjoi
    man i must have passed this road a 100 times while dirtbiking there! I spend too much time in the gravel pitt anyways, next time I'll definately be going on this hike. Looks like you had a good time electricdyck!

The turn off of pavement N49 05.985 W121 37.563

Thurston fsr turn off N49 05.734 W121 40.866

For how busy that place is with rec users it's amazing how after 5 minutes of walking where bikes, quads and trucks can't go you are completely alone.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I passed quaders, 4wheelers and bikers most of the way then 10 min from where I parked, I was alone with the exception of a Mitsubishi Delica parked on the side on the road up. Didn't run into anyone while hiking. Good thing because I bailed numerous times on the way down running full tilt to catch the Canada vs USA game.

Thanks for the location info guys, much appreciated. Will be taking a trip up there for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Awesome! Will go and take a look.

The million-dollar question: Can I bring my .22 along for the hike, and is there any chance of seeing some bunnies?