Thread: Hunting photos from NZ 4

Hunting photos from NZ 4

Ten pointer walked into me, 12 pointer tangled in supplejack vines, (toughest meat I ever tried to eat), young stag chased for 1km 2008,
    local pig hunting competition 2008

I'll be home before winter. It's too cold to sleep out.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting photos from NZ 4

The 12 pointer probably was tough meat because of all the adrenaline used trying to get untangled. Meat can be tough too if you press a wounded animal by pursuing them. I always like to wait a while before I get on the trail. If you let them lie down long enough, they have time to stiffen up before you come upon them and not so ready to jump up and run.
    What do you do with so many pigs, have one big humongous pig roast and invite the entire town?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Re: Hunting photos from NZ 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    The 12 pointer probably was tough meat because of all the adrenaline used trying to get untangled. Meat can be tough too if you press a wounded animal by pursuing them. I always like to wait a while before I get on the trail. If you let them lie down long enough, they have time to stiffen up before you come upon them and not so ready to jump up and run.
    What do you do with so many pigs, have one big humongous pig roast and invite the entire town?
    The 12 pointer story will follow when I figure out how to post it. I hung the hindquarters and back steaks for a week, but it was still tough.
    The pigs are boars only, (conservation reasons) and are all taken home by the entrant, to consume, or feed to dogs. Old boars are not the best, taste or tender wise.
    I'll be home before winter. It's too cold to sleep out.