Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spatzizi Provincial Park open discussion

Re: Spatzizi Provincial Park open discussion

My trapper friend told me of a story from last year that happened in this area.

He said his good friend that he hunts with that lives in Williams lake that he and his son went into this area and was forced to leave the area his son was an RCMP officer ,they just left the area and went somewhere else ,they did not push the issue ....
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by VI Blackdog View Post
    It is the Tahltan that are keeping Shell out of the Klappan not the hunters and not the government. Shell wants to drill for coal-bed methane.
    That was the issue a few years ago, and it was shell that put in millions of $$ and repaired the road after the wash-outs! Last year was purely motivated by the Tahltan Indians-so called "Klabonna Keepers" to keep out ALL HUNTERS due to supossedly overharvesting of "Their Moose"

To answer the original question, they should have all been arrested for an illegal blockade! No excuses, its a public road.
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

Devilbear Guest

This topic goes around and around and around here and seems to never come to a conclusion as to what should be done.

I favour the immediate use of the Canadian Armed Forces to protect we law-abiding and taxpaying citizens.

I will be writing many letters to both levels of government asking that these blockades be banned and Indians kept from harassing and impeding lawful hunters.

Meet force with greater force, seems reasonable to me.

So you are going to ask that the illegal blockades be made extra-special illegal then?

Enforce laws that are already on the books, don't make more laws.

Devilbear Guest

Dave, we agree totally there, too many damm laws already and too many damm lawyers milking the system.

I want to stress here that my belief is that ANY group who forcefully blockades any legal access to Crown Land, regardless of "race" or "ethnicity" and this INCLUDES people like me, Indians, cowboys and even Gatehouse, should be dealt with severely and equally.

This whole blockade bullshit has gone on far too long and some azzes, not all Indians, need to be kicked before we see some innocent person(s) killed.

Can't disagree with you there at all.

Laws need to be enforced, or there is simply no reason to comply with them.

If ''Canada'' looses even one Provincial Park to the elements. I will be the first to stand in that line and say that the Parks Board and MOE are nothing more than a sham. Pathetic and most irresponsible in it's representation in the creating and preserving of key parcels of Lands set aside for the ''General Public.''
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to'The Canadian Government ' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Quote Originally Posted by Devilbear View Post
    As a lifelong,, leaflickin', treehuggin', tofu-lovin' and bush workin' and huntin' BC boy, I gotta say that this is a hell of a fine post. I don't trust the MOE, the BCFS, Parks who have some of the most arrogant and lazy azzholes "working" for them or any other aspect of government.

The "environmental movement" that people like me started back in the '60s is LONG dead and those spouting the credo now are cheap opportunists trying to become famous enough to obtain political office and the salary/perks that go with it....I despise all of them and know many of them personally. I especially loath David Suzuki although I accept his brilliance as a geneticist.

What to do? PROTEST AND BLOCKADE BACK!!! Fuggem, pick a controversial place and LOCK IT UP!
    Amhen brother!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VI Blackdog View Post
    It is the Tahltan that are keeping Shell out of the Klappan not the hunters and not the government. Shell wants to drill for coal-bed methane.

Not the Tahltans that want to work! I was in on the rail grade hunting spring grizz the year the road was fixed and all the workers were Tahltan.
    I think you need to look past the road block and at the outfitters who have stayed very silent through these road block episodes.
    I am not in favour of the road blocks. I am not in favour of any changes made regulating resident hunters in this area and I am most deffinatly not in favour of coal-bed methane.