Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spatzizi Provincial Park open discussion

Spatzizi Provincial Park open discussion

I would like to know in a ''civil discussion'', what are the Forum Members views when roads are being blocked by Natives, denying the Canadian Public access to a Provincial Park. A Park created so Canadians could ''All'' benefit. Keep it civil or they will shut us down.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to'The Canadian Government ' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Spatzizi Provincial Park open discussion

can someone fill in what is exactly happening? I am very uneducated as to what the problem is.

they are breaking the law there is no grey area

I think members of the general public will be more interested in removing native blockades for access to parks, than just access to hunters.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

you know...
    back when the huggers blocked Carmanah / walbran an then clayoquot sound the same thing happened as this klapan etc only one was white and one was indian they were for two different reasons but access was blocked in both cases.
    Who cares white or brown look at the isseu.
    thoes of you who think only indians have blocked roads look again white huggers did it befor Oka.
    again i dont aggree in any case mentioned here but remove the native factor from the discussion, other than it is indians doing it
    look at the isseu

General public are the key words here.
    All categories of users fall within that term, of which, no discrimination should be able to be applied to any such group.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Maybe folks blocking the access should be trying to educate users rather than block users out. Is there scientific data suggesting that there should be no access, and that access to this area would be detrimental to its health as an ecosystem??? I figure that it is a Canadian park open to ALL Canadians regardless of race color or creed!!! Now if users are damaging the park and it's associated ecosystems then bust them, don't close it down for everyone to have access to!!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

i agree, if we are damaging somewhere someone should step in and protect it. Someone official not just any willy nilly "i think this is bad" person. Thoes road blocks should be ripped up taken down and then immediate action should be taken to look into the validity of their reasoning. I dont want to be the guy to shoot the last moose but i aslo dont want anybody stopping me from what is legal to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Hummer' View Post
    I tried in post #2. Not trying to high jack the thread, but a side issue to the Carmnan/Walbran protest, I had a couple of occasions to go to the west coast of the island when that was in progress. Their 'area' of note, called the Black Hole, was well named. I found it amazing the mess this supposed environmentally conscience group left behind for locals to clean up.
    Trust me i know,
    it was a mess, two tandom dump trucks to clean it and they burned down a bridge. Justifying it by saying "the loggers are making a bigger mess and this is our statement"
    As i said i do not agree with these methods i was just stating that white guys do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktailStalker View Post
    General public are the key words here.
    All categories of users fall within that term, of which, no discrimination should be able to be applied to any such group.
    tell that to the goverment or the general public see if they wiil agree with you good luck!.... keep on dreaming.
    Last edited by gutpile; 02-12-2010 at 02:26 PM.