Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a little something from Korea

Re: I got a little something from Korea

Hey Grant , Quite a while ago a friend had one and I launched several arrows from it . Very fast and unforgiving . But wow the speed seemed effortless .
    Have fun
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

What do you figure the draw weight is?
    "Know your Land, Know Your Prey" - Mantracker

"I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel."Roderick Haig-Brown

www.nrgcbc.ca

Quote Originally Posted by thunderheart View Post
    hmm and i thought the little something from korea may have been a mail order bride lol
    Funny, that's what entered my mind as well.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Bow Walker Guest

I shot one that a friend had loaned me. It too had a fair bit of "unforgiveness" to it, as well as a lot of felt hand shock. Cool to look at and to shoot though.

It's supposed to be #50@32" and it feels about that.

Not forgiving, but they are built to launch light arrows and this one has virtually no handshock. I think finding a light enough arrow will be the challenge. I'd like to shoot around 5gr/lb, but I'm not sure thats going to be possible.
    It would be great to find some .500 spine shafts 32" long. So far little luck besides PSE X-weaves which I'm not really pleased with.

I'm slowly getting the hang with the bow. I haven't really found the perfect anchor spot but otherwise it's taught me a few things about how it likes to be shot. It requires a little bit of consistent torque and in my case to be shot vertically.
    After adjusting the ring it's much more comfortable. I think I will be making a few rings to try shapes and sizes, maybe settle on something a little more Turkish.

-Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Grantmac View Post
    It's supposed to be #50@32" and it feels about that.

Not forgiving, but they are built to launch light arrows and this one has virtually no handshock. I think finding a light enough arrow will be the challenge. I'd like to shoot around 5gr/lb, but I'm not sure thats going to be possible.
    It would be great to find some .500 spine shafts 32" long. So far little luck besides PSE X-weaves which I'm not really pleased with.

I'm slowly getting the hang with the bow. I haven't really found the perfect anchor spot but otherwise it's taught me a few things about how it likes to be shot. It requires a little bit of consistent torque and in my case to be shot vertically.
    After adjusting the ring it's much more comfortable. I think I will be making a few rings to try shapes and sizes, maybe settle on something a little more Turkish.

-Grant
    32" raw shafts are everywhere ... dont go to wallys world and get them

stock lenth of 500 spine easton Lightspeeds are 32 3/4" (6.4 GPI) however you will be hard pressed to make an arrow at 5 Grain per pound if its a 50 pound peak for you at that lenth (a 32" 500 spine lightspeed raw shaft is 204 grains ... add nock ...feathers/vanes at best your looking at 220 grains ... Now you have point weight ... 70 -125 grains for the point plus insert if ya wanna use em for hunting ... the lightest I suspect you would get them is around 300 grains .........

Sweet bow btw ...
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

It seems like most 500s are only 30.5 or 31", those lightspeeds are the first I've seen that long. Way to precise for my needs though, I don't need incredibly precise shafts for any of my trad bows; just tough and light ones.
    Arguably I'm not getting 32" out of it yet anyway.

More practice tonight, I'm slowly getting better. Certainly at my short side-yard range things are improving, but I'm finding it hard to shoot unknown distances with. Small changes in form yield large velocity changes.

-Grant

you will have a hard time finding tough and light .... ... it really depends on how light you want .... and how light you will settle for .... you might have to get into some expensive arrows like the ACC 3-28
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Well I'm running Axis 400s right now and they seem to be working well. Unfortunately they are not a light arrow and I'm not sold on the insert. If I were to remake them it would be with a glue-in target point.

Next time I'm thinking something like a GT 5575 Hunter or CX Preditor II 4560 would be my choice. Nothing terribly precise or expensive. Then I would be running 60gr glue-ins.

-Grant

I get ya now ... If you are not getting 32 draw out of it .... maybe look at some GT ultralight 600s .... good a nd light ...fairly tough for what they are ... if your drawing 29 " for example the spine would work out pretty well
    A true Archery Nut