Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a little something from Korea

I got a little something from Korea

I think with a LOT of practice it will be very accurate. For now though it's a really steep learning curve.
    It is quiet, has little handshock and is VERY fast. Of course it's also sensitive as hell!

Expect to see it at the next 3D if I'm there. I'll probably stick to competing with the longbow though.
    -Grant

2. Site Sponsor

vancouver island for now .. soon on a peice of paridise in quesnel

Re: I got a little something from Korea

hmm and i thought the little something from korea may have been a mail order bride lol

looks like the draw lenght is to long for you...better let me try it.....
    if your not here after what iam here after your going to here after iam gone

Quote Originally Posted by thunderheart View Post
    hmm and i thought the little something from korea may have been a mail order bride lol
    Came in the same box :P

Quote Originally Posted by T300WSM View Post
    looks like the draw lenght is to long for you...better let me try it.....
    Your welcome to give it a try. You supply the arrows and I'm not responsible for any missing thumbs.

-Grant

Bow Walker Guest

I hope that you don't shoot like that. Your shoulder (left one) is hunched up way too much. Drop it back down into its normal relaxed position, and bend the elbow just a tad.

Or is the photo just to show the "horse" bow?

[QUOTE=Bow Walker;624646] just a tad.

When the cops pulled me over last night and asked me how much I'd had to drink, that's what I replied too. Geez, have you ever seen a pi$$ed off cop before? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    I hope that you don't shoot like that. Your shoulder (left one) is hunched up way too much. Drop it back down into its normal relaxed position, and bend the elbow just a tad.

Or is the photo just to show the "horse" bow?
    I don't shoot hyper-extended. But I'm still getting used to this little beast.

I'm finally hitting minute of barn and stopped trying to remove my thumb. Not bad for just a could of days shooting, maybe 200 shots so far.

I'm going to need to make a smaller thumbring though, the ones that came with it are slightly too big.

-Grant

Bow Walker Guest

Too big? That's funny, considering that most things from the Orient are generally too small.

Thats what I would have thought too

Maybe Korea is a nation of huge thumbs?

Either way I measured my thumb and it seems what they sent is slightly too big.I can use it but it can slip, and well that doesn't give too much confidence.

Consciously telling myself to relax that shoulder is working well. You really can't be tense shooting this thing, everything has to be fluid and instinctive. You take a moment to really think and something bad happens.
    Its an example of think less concentrate more I suppose. Good focus training for any traditional bow.

-Grant

Bow Walker Guest

I agree on the not thinking about the shot - but do it fluidly and instinctively.

But. The basics of good form and follow-through do have to be mastered one step at a time before a shooter can just go ahead and not think about anything.

Plus, the thumb ring has to be a bee-itch to get used to.