Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: blackies

blackies

only about a month till spring blackies im pumped for my first bear what should i use my 7mm or 30-06 and how many other people will ne hunting blackies in the P.G area?
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

2. Site Sponsor

Re: blackies

i live in peegee, never tried bear hunting, mite try it this spring, coyote hunting is always fun...

I'll be. I got myself a rug with my .o6 'bout 2 years back, last year I was hunting Grizz ( no luck there), so this year I'm going to try and get a blackie with my bow. We'll see how it goes. As for your weapon decision, either one will be perfectly fine.

Ill be going out for sure, Im going to be using my new rem .260.(If I can ever get to the range to site it in! )
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

ex bc guide Guest

I will be out chasin them with the hounds this spring!
    Mike

I just had some bear ribs for supper to try and make some room in the freezer for a spring bear
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Huting bears with dogs????? that would be fun,maybe not fun for the dogs,how do the bears act when you put dogs onto them?? We hunt pigs with dogs down here a lot,but a pig is smaller and does not have claws or biting teeth.

ex bc guide Guest

Well if all goes as planned the bear is to tree, it is similiar to running lions hopefully all goes good and you have no wrecks or bears that want to fight the hounds.
    Mike

i will be out to cut my two tags hopefull...as for weapon choice i think i m going to use my 300 saum with probably some 165 gr. np...or something along that lines if i get them loaded and to the range if not well i dont know what i will be using lol maybe i will bring the old 303 out just so i can pop a bear with it...

hey rob when i get a day i would like to go to the range with ya...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

youngfellla Guest

I'll probably go look for a blackie later in the spring. There was a nice cinammon bear hanging around my place last summer. I got some awesome video of him, everyone who saw it figured he'd go 7 ft. Hopefully he's back again!

I like my 7mm Mag with 175 Partitions for black bear, but my 45/70 has been itchin for some action!