Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this for real?

Re: Is this for real?

Ah Shit I Opened It.
    Now What?
    Last edited by 6 K; 02-13-2010 at 11:39 PM.
    CARNIVOROUS MAXIMUS

Quote Originally Posted by 6 K View Post
    Ah Shit I Opened It.
    Now What?
    Me too!! I system restored my computer to a few days before, and also downloaded spybot. Spybot found a whole bunch of spyware and got rid of it but I don't know if it was related to the above link. Also scanned for viruses with my telus security and they found nothing.

I hope that fixes my problem, does anyone know otherwise (not referring to my stupidity)?

Quote Originally Posted by hart View Post
    Me too!! I system restored my computer to a few days before, and also downloaded spybot. Spybot found a whole bunch of spyware and got rid of it but I don't know if it was related to the above link. Also scanned for viruses with my telus security and they found nothing.

I hope that fixes my problem, does anyone know otherwise (not referring to my stupidity)?
    Do yourself a favor and buy a real antivirus program. The one Telus gives you is crap. Unless you are a computer repair person in which case you love Telus/Nortons and a few others that suck.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

i got the same message a few weeks back- i opened the link =looked like swedish or something so i just closed it-didnt click on anything on the site- should be ok. nothing bad has happened the last few weeks anyhow.

Out of curiosity I opened the link on one of my old "dud" computers to see what kind of malicious nonsense occurred.

RESULT: yes it's a trojan, and made a mess.

I especially liked the threat that said "Skype is trying to download your credit card information".

Recommendation: delete.
    "I've seen grown men pick at food. They can't be hungry in the first place. Or maybe their food has been too fancy and with all the choices they've had, they don't really know what they enjoy anymore." - Dick Proenneke

Try out the Home version of Avast, (Free), and Malwarebytes, also free. they work quite well. I just went through a nasty bout of a virus.
    1. Open your computer under "Safe Mode" Hit F3, or F5, I believe, as it boots.
    2. Use your arrow button to select "Safe Mode"
    3. Reset the "System Restore" date
    4. Download a reputable Virus product and run it.

This should clear up your issues. Mine is back to what it was. A good trustworthy download site is CNET. I've had good luck there.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

i got it as well