Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this for real?

Re: Is this for real?

I just received the same message a few minutes ago:

Dear, Why not?;Broncomarco;Buck_virgin;Driftwood;Knife Guy!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://security-tool2010.com/Why not?;Broncomarco;Buck_virgin;Driftwood;Knife GuyIf you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your Internet provider.----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration www.huntingbc.ca.

Didn't open the link, of course. No doubt, it's bad stuff!
    Ted

for the record would the sight mods communicate a complaint through pm or through e-mail if it was legit ??

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I just got it too?

I opened the link and got all foreign language stuff?
    let me translate it for you

your computron is now ****ED
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Same message . Different names. Deleted. Never open crap like that.

Dear, Stresd;Marc's Missus;LeverActionJunkie;dime;4pointhunter!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://security-tool2010.com/Stresd;Marc's Missus;LeverActionJunkie;dime;4pointhunterIf you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your Internet provider.----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration www.huntingbc.ca.

Here's another one. I must be special cause I got two.

Today, 06:20 AM
    vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);

Hello
    Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to scan your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: http://www.total-scan.net/detected/hunter1993ap;Red arch;Everett;Stresd;TIKA 300Thank you. Forum member.

just got the same. didn't click the link. quite the number of spammers lately eh?
    "Good" - Jocko Willink

They sent me the same shit , I dident open it .

I, too, have received four messages claiming my computer is infected. The latest stating it was sent my a moderator. I didn't open any of them, but could see how an irregular visitor might see the latest as valid.

Read The Announcement At The Top Of The Forums!!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I got the PM too, then came here first - It kinda got me for a minute because my 'puter has been going nuts lately, and I'm suspecting an issue even though Norton says all is secure. The thought of having my HBC account suspended scared the willies out of me.
    Pretend hunter.