Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: squished rabbit

squished rabbit

i am working out in the bush logging for a guy i know i am just a kid buti get paid 12 bucks an hour and i can use a chainsaw anyways i walked in there (its an hour walk through dense bush from my house) and he set me up on some trees to fall so i started on about my 13th tree a rabbit comes bursting out of his hole and smakc the big spruce lands right on him one of the 9 guys camping in there skinned it out and cooked it i dont eat rabbit but it didnt smell to bad i saw 2 wolves walking in this morning and am hoping to take a bigger rifle with me tommorow if i walk in with another guy
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

2. Site Sponsor

Re: squished rabbit

Just goes to show you that anything can happen out in the bush
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I hope you dont work for a logger!!! Man i can see some problems with a 12 year old falling for a logging outfit!!!

steve

Work, get paid and free rabbit stew. What a life!

I bet is was tender too.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Very nice, I flattened a rabbit a couple years ago in the same way. And a grouse the next day. Keep it safe.
    Like Steveo32 said, hope your working under the table, its amazing the crap you get into breaking WCB rules.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

I hope

1. He isn't working alone
    2. He's wearing a hard hat, ear and eye protection
    3. And knee pads

Just like the old days. I know lots of older guys in construction that started off logging at his age. I started welding and fabricating for my old man when I was 11. Good on ya, work hard, and make em proud!!!. Good to see some of our next generation has some work ethic.

i dont work for a logging company i know the person who owns the property and he pays me and like 30 other guys to log it and he hasnt really got roads in yet, u have to walk or take an atv but the chef is really good and the money is better. i work in our forest doing the same thing for my dad accept i dont get as much money anyone in pg/vanderhoof area that would like a job? as long as u can work a chainsaw and fdrive an atv ur qualified
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

I would skip the knee pads and invest in saw pants lol sounds like you have a little cash cow there moose but i dont think it would be to hard to drop a tree on a bunny how bout trying to catch one while on misery slippers in rotten snow!!! I did just that today put him in my crusiers vest for a little while then let him go!!!

steve

yup