Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zeiss 20-60x85 Diascope / Spotting Scope With Lotutec

Re: Zeiss 20-60x85 Diascope / Spotting Scope With Lotutec

Anybody still liking these zeiss diascopes in the 85mm 20-75x or have the new swaro atx/stx's blown them out of the water?
    I've still got my Zeiss Diascope in the 85mm but it's 20x60 power. The 60 power has only ever been useful under pristine conditions and most of the time doesn't get used anyway. If they have figured out how to eliminate heat waves at the higher magnification then the 75x would be interesting.
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    I've still got my Zeiss Diascope in the 85mm but it's 20x60 power. The 60 power has only ever been useful under pristine conditions and most of the time doesn't get used anyway. If they have figured out how to eliminate heat waves at the higher magnification then the 75x would be interesting.

Have you had a chance to look through a new swarovski to compare your zeiss to? How do you find your zeiss at low light for fine detail?

I have a new zeiss diascope and my son has Swarovski, anyone who can tell the difference looking through them has better eyes than me! But I do like the focus on the zeiss better, can't go wrong with either scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenay Logger View Post
    I have a new zeiss diascope and my son has Swarovski, anyone who can tell the difference looking through them has better eyes than me! But I do like the focus on the zeiss better, can't go wrong with either scope.
    Thats interesting. Do you know what size swarovski your son has?

While we're on the subject, has anyone here compared the latest Leica top end spotter to the Swaro and Zeiss stuff?
    Read a review from a guy in the US who claimed the new Leica was the new "Grail".

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    While we're on the subject, has anyone here compared the latest Leica top end spotter to the Swaro and Zeiss stuff?
    Read a review from a guy in the US who claimed the new Leica was the new "Grail".
    Funny you say that, I spoke to several salesmen about spotting scopes in the last 6 months and everyone said if you have the money and want the best go with the Leica......I use their binos and cant say anything bad about them !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

My son has the 60x Swaro and I have 75x zeiss, never tried the Leica spotter, but I wanted a 75x and they didn't have one when I bought mine, when sheep hunting the higher power does make a difference, you do have heat waves but in the morning it is crystal clear and would never do without 75x again!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post

Ive looked through the new leica's and there really nice but to dark at low light for my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenay Logger View Post
    My son has the 60x Swaro and I have 75x zeiss, never tried the Leica spotter, but I wanted a 75x and they didn't have one when I bought mine, when sheep hunting the higher power does make a difference, you do have heat waves but in the morning it is crystal clear and would never do without 75x again!
    This is why im interested in the zeiss, that 75x power is appealling. I looked through one just momentarily a couple years ago but kind of remrmber the field of view was really small. You ever noticed this kootenay logger?

I have the 65mm and I really like it. I too picked it up at a steal brand new for 1200$. I'd get it if I was you. I only bought mine because of the price and was pleasantly surprised at the quality.