View Poll Results: Is it legal to have a loaded firearm inside your tent while camping on crown land?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

193 81.43%
  • No

44 18.57%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is it legal???

Re: Is it legal???

If it were 100% illegal to have a loaded gun in a tent then I would break the law deliberately. Only a fool would camp in a backpack tent without a loaded gun anywhere I hunt. If the weather is right I will sleep with the door wide open for a quick exit. My two favorite hunting spots, (sand creek, iron creek) have some of the highest inland grizz population densities in the province. You guys saw Rattlers tent. It happens.....

Brenden

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    If you are dead, you can't pay the fine!
    I've not had a bear situation, but have had a cougar try to launch off a cutbank onto my horse and me....even with my saddle gun loaded but on safety, it took what seemed forever to get it out of the scabbard and the safety off....if I had to load it as well, triple the time. second incident, a large doberman attacked my horse, trying to grab it by the throat. I kept spinning the horse around while trying to get the same rifle out of the scabbard and reload it. I was only able to get one shell into the breach within a minute. By this time my horse had received several nasty scratches on it's neck. The owner finally called the dog off when he saw me take aim. To this day I wish I had left that gun loaded because I sure would have had the time to shoot that menace....I keep thinking if it had been a youngster riding along, what would have happened.
    Illegal or not, your personal safety comes first, in my opinion, as I first stated...If you're dead, you can't pay the fine!

You should have shot the bugger. I would have , law or not. Dog, that is.

I don't give a hoot if legal or not!
    I keep my gun loadet.
    BC is grizzly country, countrare what the antis say.

I was glad that i had my defender loaded up with 7 slugs in it with a flash light on the barrel that one dark night at 12am when Mr Griz made a visit into our camp ,I really don't care about legal or illegal the gun stays loaded buy my bed at all times during night time when I am in Griz country..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

BOOTS;

Everything in your post seems well thought out AND, IYO,,,what should be done. This is good!

But...... What YOU feel should be done doesn't change the fact that a legal act, is legal and is a great example of how GREAT our society is; we still have *some* freedom of choice in our lives - Not a lot, but some.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

I do like the idea of the first round being a banger. It's a pretty tough call... that first round might be the only shot you get, but at the same time, that first round might be the panicked accidental fumble and unintended discharge in a full tent.
    When we head to Prince George or the East Kootenay's, we usually have 6 sleeping in our tent. Doesn't leave a very large margin for error.
    That being said... until the day where a banger is available for a rifle (maybe it is already) The 300wm stays loaded and ready.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy-j-peppers View Post
    I was talking with a few guys at work about this one and no one could agree on the answer. I have already contacted the Co's RCMP and the head of firearms canada a few months ago and they all gave me the same answer. Just wondering how many guys on here know...... Ill give this one some time before I give the answer.
    Oh course it's legal Jesus how can anyone be so dumb what will you do when a Grizzly stands on the tent go to your safe
    Dick Cameron