View Poll Results: Is it legal to have a loaded firearm inside your tent while camping on crown land?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

193 81.43%
  • No

44 18.57%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it legal???

Re: Is it legal???

'Hello in the tent! This is the RCMP"

"What can I do for you officer?"

"Sir, are you sleeping with a loaded firearm?"

"No Officer. I am wide awake with a loaded firearm"
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

lmao, happens every time I go hunting

I agree with Gatehouse.

If the tent is pitched where it is legal to discharge your rifle, you can have it loaded in the tent.

Personally I would not have one in the chamber.

It would not bother me to have the magazine loaded while I sleep. No one is going to be able to approach and zip my tent open and reach my rifle before I do.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

I don't see anything in the regs stating you can't have a loaded gun in your tent ,my vote was yes..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

I do-but probably only to make me feel better-chances are if a grizzly actually collapsed the tent in the middle of the night I wouldn;t be able to see it or get a shot off with all the canvas down around me-plus the risk of hitting one of the other guys who was in the tent with me-tough call.If anything this makes a case for a heavy caliber hand gun which is more maneuverable in that situation.We got one of those mossberg pumps with the pistol grip handle ,loaded with buckshot to keep under the campcot.Probably should get a tactical light to mount on the barrel rather than trying to find my flashlight

I can recall one time in the kootneys I awoke to hear heavy footfalls approaching the tent,and lay there thinking maybe I should just pull the sleeping bag over my head,when I heard a knicker-it was some horses lan outfitter left to graze.....scared the crap out of me...as we had just talked to a guy camped 1/2 mile away who had a bear had rip apart a trailer to get at an elk carcass inside a couple of days before

My neighbour tells me of sleeping out in a dome tent on a full moon night and seeing the shadow of a bear against the tent wall that stood up and ran his paw down the tent fabric-next morning they saw where he had disturbed the hoarfrost.He said they lay quiet and held the loaded shotgun pointed at the shadow of the bear,who eventually wandered off .....I got a camper this year, not that it will keep a bear out -but that it would give me maybe a couple of minutes to get a shot off
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 01-31-2010 at 06:58 AM.

vancouver island for now .. soon on a peice of paridise in quesnel

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    'Hello in the tent! This is the RCMP"

"What can I do for you officer?"

"Sir, are you sleeping with a loaded firearm?"

"No Officer. I am wide awake with a loaded firearm"
    plain and simple if you ask me .. no sir i am awake ..lol lol

really when it gets right down to it i wouldnt sleep with out the hallway clearer loaded beside me ..is it legal? .. like one of the members said ... i'll take the fine

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

Ask my friend brambles about that question LOL. My tent is my property if you don't have a warrent then go away!
    The thread stopper!

this is a silly conversation, I camp in a tent alot there is always a fire arm present and loaded, doesn't matter were I am, in populated parks discreteness is a must as the other campers fear the site of a firearm as much as an enraged penis. while travelling the bush roads there is a short shotgun in the cab, while not loaded can be loaded in seconds this is from a lesson learned ( in the early 80's two sruffy hillbillies stopped us in the middle of the road and asked for our spare tire, I said no and would call someone to come rescue them when I got back to town, that was not good enough but the sight of the double 12 gauge on my lap kinda ended the thought of getting the spare tire, in the end they did not want me to call a friend for help.

Quote Originally Posted by BCBRAD View Post
    this is a silly conversation, I camp in a tent alot there is always a fire arm present and loaded, doesn't matter were I am, in populated parks discreteness is a must as the other campers fear the site of a firearm as much as an enraged penis. while travelling the bush roads there is a short shotgun in the cab, while not loaded can be loaded in seconds this is from a lesson learned ( in the early 80's two sruffy hillbillies stopped us in the middle of the road and asked for our spare tire, I said no and would call someone to come rescue them when I got back to town, that was not good enough but the sight of the double 12 gauge on my lap kinda ended the thought of getting the spare tire, in the end they did not want me to call a friend for help.
    I dont think its that silly, Obviously there are few guys out there that dont know all the laws while they are out hunting/camping..... Its always good to learn more about a sport you like.

i always have one in the tent --- its to late to ask ? when theres something scratching outside and believe me what ever is scratching dont care if u r or r not aloud